Anyone heard of MFM industrial ?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Grovefabworks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Anyone heard of MFM industrial ?

Post by Grovefabworks »

Hey guys, new here and to the world of CNC plasma. But reading a lot on this forum has helped me get a better grasp in what I'm looking for.

But has anyone dealt with MFM Industrial??

They are located about an hour from me so I will be going by there at some point, but from what I can tell they seem to be well built tables.
A 4x8 table with water table, computer, sheetcam, mach3, ect. everything included minus the plasma is $10,000.

whatcha gentlemen think?
bnflette
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Anyone heard of MFM industrial ?

Post by bnflette »

I bought a table from them but did not receive a shred of documentation as was promised and very little support.
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

Enough said. Thanks bnfette.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Fred V
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Fred V »

Hi,
I am in California too and found MFM Industrial. Did you purchase a table from them?
Anybody else has any experience working with them?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tomkuhn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Tomkuhn »

My wife and I own an import pottery and home decor store in Arizona and one of the major products we import is metal of all kinds, wall art and garden art etc. We found ourselves in a situation where every competitor in the area had the same or similar products and that was causing a price war for race to the bottom.

We decided to purchase a hand held plasma cutter to make some of the metal ourselves. From the start people loved the rustic metal art we were making and my wife was painting but we quickly realized that there was no way we could make enough product for the demand.

I found a community shop in San Diego that had a cnc plasma table for its members to use. After a few private lessons on the table we were off to the races. We would buy 20 or so sheets of metal, monopolize the machine for as long as possible and cut as many parts as possible. We were doing this two to three times a month but still couldn't meet the demand!

I searched for a used cnc machine only to find junk. I looked for new only to find we couldn't afford that at all. One day we were at the shop in San Diego and happen to search Craigslist I came across MFM Industrial and a picture of a huge beautiful plasma table for what seemed to be a great price.

The next weekend were were in LA at the MFM shop and met David, he had a table that he demonstrated for us and I was waiting for him to say the price we saw was for a smaller table with no options and what I wanted would be thousands more. That didn't happen! We immediately came to terms and left a deposit to have one built for ourselves. Three weeks later we rented a flat bead car hauler and headed to LA to pick up our new cnc plasma table.

When we arrived it was everything that was promised. It was new, big, red and beautiful! David spent a lot of time that day with me training me on the machine and offered to walk me through any problems when I got it home.

He's a man of his word, there has never been a time I couldn't get ahold of him for answers.

We have had the table for less than a year now, it's set up in a small industrial shop in Arizona, besides myself we have another welder and another to help with cleaning and rusting the metal and my wife does all the painting. We now make hundreds of pieces of metal art each month and to this day we can't meet the demand of our customers!! The possibilities are endless!

We have had several companies want us to work on parts they want cut but I have to tell them we don't do outside work because we can't keep up with the demand of our customers at our store!

Obviously we need more help! The plasma table can cut way more than we can assemble which is exciting.

We've come a long way in one year from using a hand held plasma cutter in our garage to a shop with employees.

Thank you David for building and standing behind a great product!

Tom & Julia K
Arizona

Update, December 2018

We now have more help welding, we’re cutting more metal than ever and still can’t keep up with the demand.

We are in our second year with this Plasma Table and it is completely bulletproof. Our first repaired was a three dollar limit switch. David helped us diagnose the problem over the phone.

Stop waiting give them a call!
CC Plasma Cutting
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by CC Plasma Cutting »

We have just purchased our second plasma table from David at MFM Industrial. We were so pleased with the quality of first table and the tech support we received, that when it came time to upgrade, we didn't hesitate to go back to MFM. Rain or shine their tech support is always available to us; they are knowledgeable, friendly and above all, patient! We are very satisfied with our experience with David and his team and will continue to do business with them.
bnflette
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bnflette »

This thread is getting old but I feel I should comment again after reading the first 2 reviews that read like advertisements. In my experience with Mfm was the opposite. I concluded that they only provide courteous service if you consistently buy product/upgrades from them. I guess they don’t make enough profit from my $8000 for me to deserve respect. I’ll elaborate with details if anyone is interested.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

bnflette wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:10 pm This thread is getting old but I feel I should comment again after reading the first 2 reviews that read like advertisements. In my experience with Mfm was the opposite. I concluded that they only provide courteous service if you consistently buy product/upgrades from them. I guess they don’t make enough profit from my $8000 for me to deserve respect. I’ll elaborate with details if anyone is interested.
I agree, both of the previous posts read like advertisements, and both posts from "one-time" posters and not regular members. I would probably take these glowing recommendations with a "grain of sand".
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

bnflette wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:10 pm This thread is getting old but I feel I should comment again after reading the first 2 reviews that read like advertisements. In my experience with Mfm was the opposite. I concluded that they only provide courteous service if you consistently buy product/upgrades from them. I guess they don’t make enough profit from my $8000 for me to deserve respect. I’ll elaborate with details if anyone is interested.
Hilarious that they expect anyone would think these raving reviews were real or accurate LOL Ya, non contributing members with only 1 post praising a machine that no one has heard of. I would say this topic should be deleted due to the big bs factor but maybe it's better to leave it up so folks can see how these companies manipulate.
bnflette
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bnflette »

These are the reviews on their website. Judge for yourself.

I purchased one of MFM industrial’s older tables second hand and the support I have received from them is second to none. I have called multiple times with questions for David and he has always taken time to help me resolve any issue I have had. This really shows their dedication to product support!
Justin Ploense
We have just purchased our second plasma table from David at MFM Industrial. We were so pleased with the quality of first table and the tech support we received, that when it came time to upgrade, we didn't hesitate to go back to MFM. Rain or shine their tech support is always available to us; they are knowledgeable, friendly and above all, patient! We are very satisfied with our experience with David and his team and will continue to do business with them.
Heidi H
Our plasma table from MFM was our second CNC machine and we learned the hard way from the first machine that support was critical in the smooth operation of the machine. David was incredible at making himself available and helping us get set up.
Justin Campbell
Hands down on this great machine built by MFM industrial , and also great technical support by David .
We are a conveyor manufacturer in Southern California ( ACI Fabricators ,inc . and this machine has increased our production by all means .
Can’t wait to upgrade to the scribed head that MFM has offered .
Alexander Arteaga
Helped me get my cnc plasma table up an going
Ikon Industries
We have run a heavy plate fab shop out of Orange County CA for over 25 years, have had a lot of gear come through our doors. We found MFM online and met with David, ordered up a 6' plasma table with a Hypertherm Pmax65 torch to complement our heavy Whitney Fabricators for the smaller jobs.
8 years later, the big CNCs sit idle as the MFM table does 90% of all our work now, incredible! The machine has been bulletproof, and David has been prompt in answering any programming or maintenance questions. This table is far more capable than a hobbyist table, and the support David continues to offer has made this our best machinery purchase.
Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or reference-MikeM/MXM Fabrication
Michael Magrann
My wife and I own an import pottery and home decor store in Arizona and one of the major products we import is metal of all kinds, wall art and garden art etc. We found ourselves in a situation where every competitor in the area had the same or similar products and that was causing a price war for race to the bottom.

We decided to purchase a hand held plasma cutter to make some of the metal ourselves. From the start people loved the rustic metal art we were making and my wife was painting but we quickly realized that there was no way we could make enough product for the demand.

I found a community shop in San Diego that had a cnc plasma table for its members to use. After a few private lessons on the table we were off to the races. We would buy 20 or so sheets of metal, monopolize the machine for as long as possible and cut as many parts as possible. We were doing this two to three times a month but still couldn't meet the demand!

I searched for a used cnc machine only to find junk. I looked for new only to find we couldn't afford that at all. One day we were at the shop in San Diego and happen to search Craigslist I came across MFM Industrial and a picture of a huge beautiful plasma table for what seemed to be a great price.

The next weekend were were in LA at the MFM shop and met David, he had a table that he demonstrated for us and I was waiting for him to say the price we saw was for a smaller table with no options and what I wanted would be thousands more. That didn't happen! We immediately came to terms and left a deposit to have one built for ourselves. Three weeks later we rented a flat bead car hauler and headed to LA to pick up our new cnc plasma table.

When we arrived it was everything that was promised. It was new, big, red and beautiful! David spent a lot of time that day with me training me on the machine and offered to walk me through any problems when I got it home.

He's a man of his word, there has never been a time I couldn't get ahold of him for answers.

We have had the table for less than a year now, it's set up in a small industrial shop in Arizona, besides myself we have another welder and another to help with cleaning and rusting the metal and my wife does all the painting. We now make hundreds of pieces of metal art each month and to this day we can't meet the demand of our customers!! The possibilities are endless!

We have had several companies want us to work on parts they want cut but I have to tell them we don't do outside work because we can't keep up with the demand of our customers at our store!

Obviously we need more help! The plasma table can cut way more than we can assemble which is exciting.

We've come a long way in one year from using a hand held plasma cutter in our garage to a shop with employees.

Tom & Julia K
Arizona

Update, December 2018

We now have more help welding, we’re cutting more metal than ever and still can’t keep up with the demand.

We are in our second year with this Plasma Table and it is completely bulletproof. Our first repaired was a three dollar limit switch. David helped us diagnose the problem over the phone.

Tom Kuhn
I wanted to leave this review because I feel it is extremely important for a number of reasons. I believe it will help with those looking to get into CNC and for those looking for new and or to upgrade their machines. Most importantly why I feel MFM Industrial has been one of the best and most sound business decisions we have made.

I work in the automotive industry primarily focused around E-commerce. We have been a developer, manufacturing, distributor of our own and other major brands for the better part of 10+ years. This past year we made the decision to bring some of our manufacturing in house which put us int he market for CNC - Plasma table.

Our search criteria.
- We did have a budget though were flexible
- Notable company (for introductory support)
- Warranty / guarantee on parts and service
- Most of all we needed a workhorse ready machine / turnkey

After a bit of online searching and a few inquires we came across MFM Industries and were put in contact with David Vivas.

A few things to note that may address others concerns. MFM did not have a very large web presence or a lot of online resources outside of their website. Their website is clean with good information and detailed pictures and videos. They have an instagram that mirrors the content on their website and that is about the extend of the information you can find online. Though David and MFM have been producing tables and other products for an extensive period of time.

The pictures and videos provided enough detail for us to inquire further with David. We stated our needs and David worked out what would be an appropriate machine. There was no up-sell, hassle, or question of integrity during any of our transaction.

We were pretty taken back by the machine we received! MFM builds these machines from the ground up. The table structure is solid with clean welds fabricated in-house . The power box is a custom design by MFM wired and tested in their shop, even the power supply is custom.

Why is this important and why did we go with MFM over a larger brand.

A lot of companies we came across cut corners in places you may assume to be standard. A majority market their table as "modular" some even hid the fact they were. Depending on the company this may greatly effect the warranties and customer service you receive. In most cases if you call with a problem or question regarding your table you will be redirected to the manufacture of that specific part or detail. This is completely negated by going with MFM as their table is entirely fabricated by them. Other tables we came across didn't seem as stable or secure to handle the needs of our workload. As stated before MFM was identifiably sound and sturdy.

Tough our final decision to go with MFM Industial was heavily based on the amount of information, support, and training we received. While I was unable to attend the initial training on delivery. David readily offered magnitudes of over the phone support and later invited me to the shop to go through a personal training. Speaking to David you receive a wealth of knowledge and know how. He clearly articulates the motions and required steps in order for you to run and maintain your machine.

To further iterate dedication to their product. Due to USER ERROR after a few months into our table we hit a couple snags. We ended up with oil in our line and the table was left of excessively causing the power supply to go out! David was able to diagnose almost everything over the phone and help us step by step. He went out of his way for each issue to make sure we stayed is business and were able to make our runs on time.

When you purchase a table from MFM you're getting a quality table and direct dedicated customer support. Thank you again MFM Industrial and special thank you to David!

TLDR:
Looking to bring some manufacturing in-house. Online research brought us to MFM and a few other companies. A lot of table didn't fit our needs, though MFM didn't have a strong online presence to get full details. Ended up going with MFM, customer support and quality of machine ended up vastly exceeding our expectations.

Best,
Mason
Mason W.
Instagram
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

They do have an impressive website.
David
mfm.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

bnflette
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bnflette »

A nice website doesn’t make up for poor service, dishonesty, overpriced tables with low quality components and no documentation.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

isabel5150 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 pm A nice website doesn’t make up for poor service, dishonesty, overpriced tables with low quality components and no documentation.
Heck of a way to introduce yourself! I'm guessing you have "an axe to grind" here. The implication is that you have may have personal experience with this product. If so, please share.
David
x5er30
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by x5er30 »

adbuch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:34 pm
isabel5150 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:31 pm A nice website doesn’t make up for poor service, dishonesty, overpriced tables with low quality components and no documentation.
Heck of a way to introduce yourself! I'm guessing you have "an axe to grind" here. The implication is that you have may have personal experience with this product. If so, please share.
David
Horrible table. Would not recommend it to my enemy, actually scratch that. I would. Personal experience. It is a POS .
x5er30
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by x5er30 »

adbuch wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:34 pm
David
Horrible table. Would not recommend it to my enemy, actually scratch that. I would. Personal experience. It is a POS .
bnflette wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:59 am These are the reviews on their website. Judge for yourself.

I purchased one of MFM industrial’s older tables second hand and the support I have received from them is second to none. I have called multiple times with questions for David and he has always taken time to help me resolve any issue I have had. This really shows their dedication to product support!
Justin Ploense
Heidi H
Our plasma table from MFM was our second CNC machine and we learned the hard way from the first machine that support was critical in the smooth operation of the machine. David was incredible at making himself available and helping us get set up.
Justin Campbell
Hands down on this great machine built by MFM industrial , and also great technical support by David .
We are a conveyor manufacturer in Southern California ( ACI Fabricators ,inc . and this machine has increased our production by all means .
Can’t wait to upgrade to the scribed head that MFM has offered .
Alexander Arteaga
Helped me get my cnc plasma table up an going
Ikon Industries
We have run a heavy plate fab shop out of Orange County CA for over 25 years, have had a lot of gear come through our doors. We found MFM online and met with David, ordered up a 6' plasma table with a Hypertherm Pmax65 torch to complement our heavy Whitney Fabricators for the smaller jobs.
8 years later, the big CNCs sit idle as the MFM table does 90% of all our work now, incredible! The machine has been bulletproof, and David has been prompt in answering any programming or maintenance questions. This table is far more capable than a hobbyist table, and the support David continues to offer has made this our best machinery purchase.
Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or reference-MikeM/MXM Fabrication
Michael Magrann

Tom & Julia K
Arizona

Update, December 2018

Tom Kuhn
I wanted to leave this review because I feel it is extremely important for a number of reasons. I believe it will help with those looking to get into CNC and for those looking for new and or to upgrade their machines. Most importantly why I feel MFM Industrial has been one of the best and most sound business decisions we have made.

I work in the automotive industry primarily focused around E-commerce. We have been a developer, manufacturing, distributor of our own and other major brands for the better part of 10+ years. This past year we made the decision to bring some of our manufacturing in house which put us int he market for CNC - Plasma table.

Our search criteria.
- We did have a budget though were flexible
- Notable company (for introductory support)
- Warranty / guarantee on parts and service
- Most of all we needed a workhorse ready machine / turnkey

After a bit of online searching and a few inquires we came across MFM Industries and were put in contact with David Vivas.

A few things to note that may address others concerns. MFM did not have a very large web presence or a lot of online resources outside of their website. Their website is clean with good information and detailed pictures and videos. They have an instagram that mirrors the content on their website and that is about the extend of the information you can find online. Though David and MFM have been producing tables and other products for an extensive period of time.

The pictures and videos provided enough detail for us to inquire further with David. We stated our needs and David worked out what would be an appropriate machine. There was no up-sell, hassle, or question of integrity during any of our transaction.

We were pretty taken back by the machine we received! MFM builds these machines from the ground up. The table structure is solid with clean welds fabricated in-house . The power box is a custom design by MFM wired and tested in their shop, even the power supply is custom.

Why is this important and why did we go with MFM over a larger brand.

A lot of companies we came across cut corners in places you may assume to be standard. A majority market their table as "modular" some even hid the fact they were. Depending on the company this may greatly effect the warranties and customer service you receive. In most cases if you call with a problem or question regarding your table you will be redirected to the manufacture of that specific part or detail. This is completely negated by going with MFM as their table is entirely fabricated by them. Other tables we came across didn't seem as stable or secure to handle the needs of our workload. As stated before MFM was identifiably sound and sturdy.

Tough our final decision to go with MFM Industial was heavily based on the amount of information, support, and training we received. While I was unable to attend the initial training on delivery. David readily offered magnitudes of over the phone support and later invited me to the shop to go through a personal training. Speaking to David you receive a wealth of knowledge and know how. He clearly articulates the motions and required steps in order for you to run and maintain your machine.

To further iterate dedication to their product. Due to USER ERROR after a few months into our table we hit a couple snags. We ended up with oil in our line and the table was left of excessively causing the power supply to go out! David was able to diagnose almost everything over the phone and help us step by step. He went out of his way for each issue to make sure we stayed is business and were able to make our runs on time.

When you purchase a table from MFM you're getting a quality table and direct dedicated customer support. Thank you again MFM Industrial and special thank you to David!

TLDR:
Looking to bring some manufacturing in-house. Online research brought us to MFM and a few other companies. A lot of table didn't fit our needs, though MFM didn't have a strong online presence to get full details. Ended up going with MFM, customer support and quality of machine ended up vastly exceeding our expectations.

Best,
Mason
Mason W.
Instagram
Ba hahahah !

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”