It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:04 am

Lockformer 1000B

Have a question and don't see your manufacturer? Post here and if we get enough action on that manufacturer we will add a forum
Atomikal

Lockformer 1000B

Postby Atomikal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Need help, Why can’t I cut dxfs?
My table will not cut any dxfs.
It will only cut items made in Trimble fabshop?
Doesn’t make sense atall if I design something in fabshop or make a sign that only has letters and numbers from
Fabshops menu it will cut no problem. Have sent the dxf files to other companies and they can cut them easily.
I bought the book of dxfs from a very reputable company and would very much like to be able to use them. Please any assistance would be great.

tcaudle

Re: Lockformer 1000B

Postby tcaudle » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm

DXF is a drawing (CAD) format. You have to run them through a CAM program that actually does the toolpath (most common is G-Code). Some controllers have the CAM integrated with a drawing program THAT talks to the motion hardware. So, the bottom line is what file format does your Lockformer need to actually cut. If its G-code you simply need to get a general CAM program (like SheetCAM) and feed it the DXF and use a POST to generate specific g-code for the Lockformer. If the Lockformer will not take external g-code then you may be SOL. I opened the extensive list of machines (POSTS) in SheetCAM and it doe snot show a Lockformer...not a good sign.

Atomikal

Postby Atomikal » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Does it show a Vulcan 1000b, that is the table. The manufacturer is Lockformer.

sphurley
Elite Contributing Member

Postby sphurley » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:16 pm

The only Vulcan 1000B I have ever seen was a sheet metal (HVAC) contractor. They had proprietary software geared around very thin sheet metal.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX

jimcolt

Postby jimcolt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:35 pm

The Vulcan machines were made specifically to cut HVAC ductwork using proprietary software. Vulcans were sold by their Brand name of Lockformer....which is now owned by Mestek Machinery. mestekmachinery.com If you contact them directly and say you have a Lockformer Vulcan 1000B, then they may be able to steer you to some operating software that will help. These machines are pretty loose from a tolerance point of view. They wer made to cut 26 gauge galvanized at 400 ipm, if within an 1/8" or so they wer happy! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Various Manufacturers”