thc touchoff

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
bluelightfab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

thc touchoff

Post by bluelightfab »

wondering why my table is not touching off before cuts? it goes to each pierce position and pierce height and then fires whether it is the right actual height or not. no touchoff what so ever. any ideas where I can go to look at these settings? please help
bluelightfab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: thc touchoff

Post by bluelightfab »

I guess I should have stated that I am running mach 3 and sheet cam on a ez router machine
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Touch=Offs in MACH are typically called out of the G-Code. They can be in the form of a G28.1 (Z homing move) or a G31 probe move. Look at your G-code and follow it from whereit picks up the Z to rapid height and travles tot he first pierce point (XY move) and then look at the code and see what it does. One trick is to put MACH3 into Single Step Mode (usually found on the Diganostics page) an it sets MACH it execute one lineof g-code at a time so you can see what each one does as it runs.
bluelightfab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bluelightfab »

All it has in the code is G00 Z0.1500 then fire

This is the Pierce height.
AdrianH
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by AdrianH »

Sounds like you have the wrong post processor in Sheetcam, has this worked at one point and then stopped or never worked?

Adrian
bluelightfab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bluelightfab »

That is what I was thinking. I bought this used and did some testing with the old the using a stick zip tied to the torch. It did touch off then. I did a Ethernet the upgrade and just started doing multiple cuts and noticed this. This is a new post processor they gave me when I did the upgrade. I was thinking either it's the wrong one or written wrong. It says torch is referenced at cut start which it does not do and then every 500mm which it does not do.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Does your table have a way to detect the metal surface (floating head switch, ohmic sensor). when you move to the cut start location the table needs to know where the metal surface is so it can then set the pierce height. AS stated above the G-code needs to have the correct instructions, and this is the post processor's job to write the code that works with the electronics you have. You did an upgrade sometime there are sections of the post processor that need to be configured for each table.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by sphurley »

Sound like you have a CandCNC electronics. Which post are you using? There are some things in the post you will need to set up once.

--*** Set these values up to suit your machine ***
-- Values set HERE are in MM. If the value can be set in SheetCAM it is in the UNITS (MM or Inches) you have in SheetCAM
refDistance = 25 --this is the distance between each torch reference in MILLIMETRES.(can be set from POST Options button in UNITS)
defaultSwitchOffset = 4.00 -- default touch0ff swtich offset in MM (uses this value ONLY if the value set in the Set custom post options is zero)
minLength = 0 -- default minumum length of cut for DTHC operation (set dynamically)
dthcTune = 1 -- set this to 1 if you are using the new DTHCIV and want variable tuning of Z response from code
ethrCut = 1 --set this to 1 if you have the EtherCut and have upgraded the drivers to the 12-19-14 or later upgrade
fullTAP = 1 --set this to 1 for TAP via Hypertherm RS485 (requires options)
plasmaDrill = 1 --set this to 1 to use a plasma for a drill tool . Set it to 0 to use a drill or router bit
warnings = true -- set this to false to turn off the Check Parameters warnings on a toolchange
verbose = true -- set this to false to turn off the G-Code comments (except code snips)
refHome = true -- set this to true to use G28.1 or to false to use G31 for touch off
--if you use G31 make sure you have the PROBE input in MACH Input Signals enabled and mapped to the probe swtich input
refFeed = 508 --this is the reference feed rate in mm/min NOTE used only with (G31 probe touch off)
g31Limit = 25.4 --this is the distance the G31 moves down in mm before it stops. NOTE used only with (G31 probe touch off)
startCode = " M03 " -- make this " M04 " if you want the ARCOK to hold motion REGARDLESS. Do not change unless advised to
-- Used on plasma units with long torch leads that have a delayed torch on. Requires updated M04 macro.
-- Do not use on systems not updated to 06/08/15 (Master Installer X)
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

bluelightfab wrote:All it has in the code is G00 Z0.1500 then fire

This is the Pierce height.
Every Plasma Post for a CandCNC setup has either a G28.1 or G31 touch off in it. Either you are using a post with No THC (i.e. Mach Plasma or a router post
bluelightfab
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bluelightfab »

Sorry for the late reply, I work out of town. Ez router got me fixed up. The m200 macro was missing. Yes floating head, not candcnc. I ran their electronics on my last table. Lscs post

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”