EZ CUT CNC EZ-8000 USED

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
aplusfences
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

EZ CUT CNC EZ-8000 USED

Post by aplusfences »

Hello
I am new to this forum and to cnc plasma cutting. I have been researching purchasing a cnc plasma table now for quite some time. And currently I have the opportunity to purchase an EZ CUT EZ 8000 TABLE WITH A HYPOTHERM POWERMAX 85 at a very reasonable price I thought. That is until I contacted EZ CUT and they me informed that they do not provide any support at all on a used machine. Not even if I am willing to pay them. My question to you guys is if that should be a reason for me to not make this purchase, the machine is less than half the price of a new one and is about 14 months old. Do you think I can figure out any problems I might have through this forum or is there an independent company that would come if I needed help with set up or operation? Thanks in Advance.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EZ CUT CNC EZ-8000 USED

Post by weldguy »

Just over a year old, half the price of a new one, and no support. I would steer clear from that deal. Check the top of these pages for a the manufacturers who sponsor this site. Most are members here and offer support directly through this site and will be able to set you up with something to fit your budget.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Things that always make you ask questions, why is it half price for a fairly new what ever, and why is there no support.
On the support maybe they are tired of trying to fix problems for poor design or quality. Money has been paid don't call us!
There have been many posts stating I got great support from XYZ company and other saying run from other companies.
It is a big help with who to deal with and who not to. You are not the first to ask about a table and there is always great info supplied here.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The good news is the Hypertherm 85 is a really awesome machine and you get support from them even if you are not the original purchaser.
If you were an experienced CNC plasma guy and had either built one yourself or owned one you have had to work on and fix, I would advise against a used machine with no support and no hope of getting it. Machines. Software and controls vary all over the place and there may be no one here that can help you. The Vendors who refuse to provide support for a machine less than 3years old (even if you have to buy a service contract or pay for the help) are doing a disservice to their customers. It renders the resale value of their machine way below what it should be. You might end up with a big heavy boat anchor.
Compare the sale price not to their retail price, but to other tables in the same range and decide that if you had to change out the electronics (including motors) that it would still be a good deal.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

This might be a clue as to why its for sale:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/plasma-ed ... 6-cnc.html

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”