It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:11 am

Gorilla Machines

Have a question and don't see your manufacturer? Post here and if we get enough action on that manufacturer we will add a forum
SS 45

Gorilla Machines

Postby SS 45 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Hello,
Just wandering if anyone out there owns or has ever heard of Gorilla machines plasma tables? Its a small business out of Ashville, NC. Just curious for some input on the quality of their machines.

Bobkovacs

Re: Gorilla Machines

Postby Bobkovacs » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 am

I looked at buying one of his machines last year when he was just selling on Craigslist and didn't have the company name. Seemed decent for the price, but didn't have a 4x8 at the time, and I was Leary about the whole Craigslist thing. He's raised his price $1,000 since, and still doesn't have a 4x8.

little blue choo
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Postby little blue choo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Looking at their website the first thing I notice is they are using a hand torch on their table and it doesn't seem to have any type of break away incase the torch dives or gets caught on a tip up. Their website has very little info on their table and no info at all on the software included, the operating system, the type of motors or drives used and noting on the ACCURACY of their table. Their website has a page for support but when you click on it you get a message (COMING SOON). I don't think they know where they are, their web site say's they are in Asheville NC and also gives their address as Sylva NC which is about 50 miles west of Asheville. I would want to know a lot more about their table before purchasing one.

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape

tcaudle

Postby tcaudle » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:47 pm

You are going to see a surge of new sources for Plasma Tables. It happens every time the economy picks up and the demand for tables increases. It looks like a great way to make some money. It's one thing to build the mechanics and slap some electronics on it then take some videos of it cutting. The biggest single expense of a table provider is support. It the profit is not there for overhead and personnel then as the vendor gets more tables in the field support tends to fall off. The landscape is littered with orphan CNC Plasma tables. You cannot tell much from a website and even a video of cutting flat thicker metal. Its rather unfortunate that they chose that name because its the same one of a now out-of-business router table vendor from several years ago. If the first item on your list is price then perhaps building your own Plasma Table might be an option and be your own first level of support. Nothing is more frustrating than spending a bunch of money on a machine and then having to work on it or even upgrade it to be able to do decent cuts. Most startups do not set out to defraud a buyer. Either out of ignorance or circumstance, the chances of being in business 3 to 5 years from now is rather slim.

Return to “Various Manufacturers”