Premier Plasma CNC Reviews

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Brewmaster
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Premier Plasma CNC Reviews

Post by Brewmaster »

I spoke with this guy on the phone and also spoke with eagle plasma about him. I want a hobby table and this guy seems to be one of the few in my price range. My buddy was screwed over by a guy with a table that looks similar out of Vegas (former owner of protorch). I was assured by Jake at premier plasma the he was not associated with them. He had issues with the same guy.

His table looks nice and supposed to be releasing a new version with a flat top so you can load metal from anyway. I just want to make sure I am not wasting $5,000 of my hard earned money.

Anyone have one of these tables or delt with the company?

Can anyone recommend a different table in this price range? I wanted a 4x4 but for the right price I would buy a 4x8

Here is the website for the table I am looking at

premierplasmacnc.com
tonazona
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: premier plasma cnc any good

Post by tonazona »

Hello Brewmaster, I am in the market for a "hobby table" too and am considering premier plasma and eagle (2x2). What did your research turn up for you? Did you make a purchase? Thanks for any insight on a good, cost effective hobby cnc.
tonazona
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tonazona »

Hello Brewmaster/All. I ended up purchasing a Premier Plasma table and I am extremely happy with the product and service provided by Jake at Premier Plasma. I am fortunate enough to be located within miles from Premier and visited Jake at his shop. After a walk through and demo of some of his tables, I decided to go with Premier.

Jake built me a custom 3x4 table. He walked me through every aspect of the table and got me running perfectly. The table is great and I am making my first few projects with great results.

For me the decision was based on customer service and making sure that I got the support I needed. Jake invested a lot of time into both the product and my learning to deliver an exceptional outcome.

I highly recommend giving Jake a call at Premier if you interested in a cnc table (with water pan to boot)!

PS. - on a side note, I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Al from Eagle Plasma. Al is a great guy and he helped me considerably along my journey. I have no doubt that Al would provide great customer service for his tables and would definitely not hesitate to work with him.

Thanks to all on this forum for the insight and inspiration to get me started!
dkerr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by dkerr »

Hey Brewmaster,
Not sure what you ended up with, but I also went with a Prem Plasma table. VERY happy with the quality and especially the one on one help. I have texted and facebooked as late as 11 pm with these guys, helped me the whole way. If I had any complaints - the shipping was a little weak, took a long time and arrived with a damaged water pan (that i was able to straighten out). The instructions were weak, but I am a 30 year auto tech and was able to piece things together. But all works better than expected. If you havent purchased, make sure you ask for the discount code USA2017 - saved me a few hundred bucks. Dont skimp on the torch, Hypertherm is what they suggested and it works well

Don
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

Purchased the 4x4 flat top table. Jake has been awesome at his customer service and support. Lead time was 2 weaks which was alright.

Table went together very simply. Took me roughly 8 hours to assemble and I was up and running. I also built my own water pan from a sheet of 14 gauge. Cost me $120 for a 5x10 sheet another hour to cut and weld sides up. Saved $180 and I have a 4x5 drop of 14ga.

Everything ran great for 2 weeks. My computer is hooked up to the internet and decided to update windows 7 one day and made mach 3 crash every time I tried to bring it up. Jake helped me for a day to figure it out when it wasn't even on his end of it.

Got everything back up and running. Still learning a lot along the way.

I'm glad I spent my money on the "little guy". Definitely not top of the line but a very able table. I'll send some pics when I get some time.
Plasmanewb
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasmanewb »

I am also considering a 4x4 flat top and the experiences you gentlemen have had may have just sold me on it. How difficult has the software been to learn?
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

Lots of YouTube videos and trial and error. I would sit down at night and just practice drawing anything for experience. By 2 weeks things were going smoothly. Like anything experience is whatcha need to succeed... Good luck
Fabramicator
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Fabramicator »

I've had my 4x8 premier plasma table a little over a month and love it. Cuts perfect, easy set up, easy to learn.
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

I just purchased a Premier Plasma 4x4 and am wondering what everyone has done with the electrical cables off the gantry? Where or what have you done once they are out of the cable chain?
Uniquemodz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Uniquemodz »

urshadow wrote:I just purchased a Premier Plasma 4x4 and am wondering what everyone has done with the electrical cables off the gantry? Where or what have you done once they are out of the cable chain?

How do u like your table and what accessories did u get or what are the options

Thanks
Lee
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

Have yet to get it up and running. waiting on cnc to control box cable. Was pretty easy to put together although instructions are nothing to brag about.
Jake has been a big help with any questions I had during the process.
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

Have been using now for several months. No complaints whatsoever. Jake is awesome to work with.
akflyer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by akflyer »

can't wait to get mine here and set up. Hopefully by the end of April it will be delivered. I went with the 4X8, XP65, pipe attachment, router attachment and engraver. Hope to have an all in one set up and running soon!
Ferrous_fabricator
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Ferrous_fabricator »

Hey guys! Im new to the forum and I'm planning on buying the 4x4 premire plasma table from Jake. Just a few questions, what kinda of plasma cutter should I get? I was looking for something around the $300 range. What do u guys think?
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

$300 or did you mean $3000?

Do not skimp on the other key part of a PLASMA table! I highly recommend hypertherm 45xp for entry level. It's around $2000 and u will not regret it. Customer service is top notch and cut quality far surpasses the cheap everlast plasma I started with. "buy once, cry once" words to live by.

If you have any questions about your premier plasma shoot me an IM. Good luck
suicideking
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by suicideking »

I got a 4x4 table from Premiere last month. and a HT45XP couldnt be happier. Shopped for a year, bought and sold a plasmacam preowned and thought i was going to have to buy a used one on CL. The water table is a nice add, the price is right and the software is all very user friendly. as you may have guessed from the above posts; Jake is a one man show, but does come through. solid guy! solid product, great value!
imbigkahuna1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by imbigkahuna1 »

I bought a premier 5x10 with a hp 65 with pipe cutter to add to my 5x10 cnc router shop bot ,and boss hp 3655laser . I sure am glad my first toy was a saw mill have lots off scraps to practice on , hopefully the plasma table ships soon I need to build some custom tube table legs for live edge slabs new guy hear great web site
urshadow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by urshadow »

Here to tell you about Jake. Unbelievable customer service after the sale. Had a crazy problem that would not go away and Jake stood by his product and we finally figured it out. Never thought I would ever run into customer service like this anywhere. He is really there for you!!!!
Bfrosty1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Bfrosty1 »

urshadow wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:55 pm Here to tell you about Jake. Unbelievable customer service after the sale. Had a crazy problem that would not go away and Jake stood by his product and we finally figured it out. Never thought I would ever run into customer service like this anywhere. He is really there for you!!!!
What was the crazy problem and what was the solution?
ActionCooling
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ActionCooling »

Backstory:
I stumbled upon premier plasma, and from there this forum. I've been looking for a decent plasma table for awhile now with gathering many names and contenders, but premier plasma has caught my eye as it appears to be a solid table at nearly half the price of many other companies(LDR, arclight, dynatourch, shopsabre...just to name a few). I do understand "you pay for what you get" but this will be a hobby table/ used in conjunction with my main work hvac and plumbing (with hope of finding other work to make money from this table). I need the table to more or less work, with understandable learning curve in front of me. I have recently purchased the hyperthem 85 for current projects/ preparation for buying a table.

Questions:
From this forum I have gathered buyers are overall happy with the table from premier plasma. How sturdy is the table, and how much do people like these tables for their work? (hobby or production). Will this table have a harsher learning curve compared to tables that are double (or more) of the price? Im looking for a good table withing a decent budget. Any info on working conditions of this table will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

If your intent is to cut thin material for HVAC you may want to make that part of the criteria. you need a high speed THC and a lot of imports and MACH based controls are limited. If on the other hand you just want to cut designs on thicker material the Promo 150 THC they sell as an accessory will work for you . You simply cannot cut thin material that warps and bows when it cuts without a working THC. The faster you cut the faster the THC response has to be. The thinner the material to more it warps . Combine the two and its like cutting corrugated metal.
jlb8748
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jlb8748 »

I was in the same boat, looking at premier as an entry level table to do some wall art and signs. I have a huge stock pile of old tin from barns that I wanted to use so I knew I needed a quality thc setup. I ended up going with a cyrious metal works table, the magnum series which is their in between model. It's ridiculously well built and solid. The electronics and motors are all pretty much the same as the $20,000 tables I've seen and it's priced well at under $15k delivered. They just came out with a cheaper model that's got a lighter duty gantry but has the same standard features that you may be looking for. Definitely worth a look. I should have my up and running this weekend and I'll post a full report once I get a couple sheets under my belt. I'm completely new to this so I'm sure there will be a learning curve to overcome. I have to say though setting up the table took less than 30 mins and he had it tested and loaded ready to cut. Just waiting on some parts to hook up my air and plasma and I should be ready to go.
Soter907
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Soter907 »

Any experience s with eagle plasma? I started reading thips when I saw talk of them but nothing went back to there stuff. I'm between wright, premier, and eagle and I can't make the jump.
strangebrewdesignworx
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by strangebrewdesignworx »

I found Premier Plasma a while back when I was looking for a table. I took the drive to AZ to meet the owner Jake, He was a really nice guy and he gave me a demo of the tables and showed me how they are made and such. Well I dropped the dash and got a table from him. It has now been over 2 years. I run my table every day for 8+ hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. It has been running like a champ for over 2 years. I do grease the bearings, clean the table and do the regular keep up. But the only thing I have had go wrong with it was a motor went bad after a year and a half and the switch for the floating head went bad. Both parts Jake sent to me to fix. To be fair the only thing I have had an issue with was the water trays leaking. but one I got that figured out its been smooth sailing. I have cut thousands of parts and art work and never had an issue with it. it is a good solid table.
Kuester_19
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Kuester_19 »

How thin are you able to effectively cut/ how many inches per minute can the machine do?

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”