It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Delusional Designs: CAUTION

Have a question and don't see your manufacturer? Post here and if we get enough action on that manufacturer we will add a forum
jhammons0331

Delusional Designs: CAUTION

Postby jhammons0331 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:41 pm

We would like to thank George with Delusional Designs for wasting near 3 months of our time waiting on a pnc table. After several fail attempts of communication we would finally get a response and another delayed delivery date.(3 times)... Finally PayPal refunded our half down deposit, and he called and offered to delivery it anyway and accept full payment on delivery. We have not heard from him in over a week and the delivery date has come and gone again. We have already invested in plasma cutter and metal awaiting his delivery of the table we order. We where always on the next route he was always go to Florida and North Carolina but never going through Kentucky to deliver our table. Poor communication and never a real answer.. Please take caution when ordering.

little blue choo
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Delusional Designs: CAUTION

Postby little blue choo » Mon May 01, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorry for your problems. If you do a search of Delusional Designs on this forum and a internet search you will soon see you are not the only one with problems with them. Just be glad you got your money back. By the way, Welcome to the forum!

Rick
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape

GDS Metal Worx

Postby GDS Metal Worx » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

What part of Ky are you in?

motoguy

Postby motoguy » Tue May 02, 2017 11:22 am

This is the 2nd time I've heard something like this on DD. Most of what I read seems to be from satisfied customers. I see you registered at the site solely to post this, which seems a bit odd. Usually people will join to ask questions while shopping/prior to purchasing. I'd like to hear from George (tmamerica) on this as well.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

jhammons0331

Postby jhammons0331 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:20 pm

@ motoguy , We didnt just sign up to post this. Initially we got on this site to find another dealer to buy a CNC table from and happen to come across a few reviews on them and thought we would share our experience so others could have a fair warning that they may run into issues. We have found another company we are researching now. If anyone has any references on good companies, we would love to hear them so we can view all our options.
Last edited by jhammons0331 on Tue May 02, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhammons0331

Postby jhammons0331 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:23 pm

little blue choo wrote:Sorry for your problems. If you do a search of Delusional Designs on this forum and a internet search you will soon see you are not the only one with problems with them. Just be glad you got your money back. By the way, Welcome to the forum!

Rick

Yes , we did research this company before but only found a few bad reviews vs quite a few good reviews, so we decided to take a chance. Unfortunately it was a bad experience. You live and learn.

jhammons0331

Postby jhammons0331 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:24 pm

GDS Metal Worx wrote:What part of Ky are you in?

London Area

little blue choo

Postby little blue choo » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm

I purchased a Arclight 2 years ago and have never had a problem with them. They have great tech support.
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape

motoguy

Postby motoguy » Tue May 02, 2017 11:47 pm

I can highly recommend Bulltear/Starlab.

littlefatbuddy

Postby littlefatbuddy » Wed May 03, 2017 12:28 am

LDR

tm america

Postby tm america » Wed May 03, 2017 3:02 pm

I cancelled the order and refunded the money .. As it seemed they were calling so much trying to pressure their way ahead in the build order .. Can't make everyone happy I can only build so many machines ..And i can build even less when people call every other day ..I understand it on both sides Once you put money down you want it like tomorrow .. but on the other hand bugging the guy building it doesn't make things get done any faster so i refunded the money ..No drama .. if they still wanted it the machine would have been built in the order it was sold. But if they wanna go purchase somewhere else that is fine to ..Not sure if they thought i was a big corporation and all i do is answer the phones .This is not the case..I am an active person building the machine delivering the machines doing tech support making sure that those who get a Delusional Designs CNC machine are up and running ..This has good and bad about it.. when i am welding i can't answer the phone.. when i am cutting i need to make sure i do not have parts tip ups.. When i am doing training on deliveries i am gonna give the customer my full attention.. So no i cannot answer the phone all the time .. Nor am i gonna hire kids to answer the phone and read from a teleprompter .. ...Unfortunately this customer thought me talking on the phone with them several times a day was gonna allow the machine to get built..I am working to get all caught up and just sell from stock as dealing with people in this manner is not what i signed up for.. Good news is the next person on the list gets theirs that much faster.. As a business you cannot make everyone happy ..But i surely can prevent them from being a customer if i think this is the case ..I hope they find the machine and company that can make them happy..I do have plenty of people who want their machine which am working hard on them ..These kind of people i refuse to deal with.It simply is not fair to the other people who have paid their money and are patiently waiting for their machine to be built in the order it was sold..
I have not been taking orders the last few weeks to allow use to get caught up .. and even then you get them call 5 times in a row people ..Only way i know how to do this so everyone is happy is to build them and the person pays in full and picks it up..First come first serve.. Sorry i have to make changes to how things are done but there will always be those situations if i do not.. Just sucks i do everything i can to keep prices low and quality up but people think you should be able to build it in ten minutes on top of that..For those who have been patient it is a very good thing as i have updated the machines which now come with a built in laptop stand and better positioning of the thc,..

stonebriar

Postby stonebriar » Wed May 03, 2017 7:13 pm

I would recommend Dynatorch.

flimmy

Postby flimmy » Fri May 05, 2017 9:39 pm

tm america wrote:I cancelled the order and refunded the money .. As it seemed they were calling so much trying to pressure their way ahead in the build order .. Can't make everyone happy I can only build so many machines ..And i can build even less when people call every other day ..I understand it on both sides Once you put money down you want it like tomorrow .. but on the other hand bugging the guy building it doesn't make things get done any faster so i refunded the money ..No drama .. if they still wanted it the machine would have been built in the order it was sold. But if they wanna go purchase somewhere else that is fine to ..Not sure if they thought i was a big corporation and all i do is answer the phones .This is not the case..I am an active person building the machine delivering the machines doing tech support making sure that those who get a Delusional Designs CNC machine are up and running ..This has good and bad about it.. when i am welding i can't answer the phone.. when i am cutting i need to make sure i do not have parts tip ups.. When i am doing training on deliveries i am gonna give the customer my full attention.. So no i cannot answer the phone all the time .. Nor am i gonna hire kids to answer the phone and read from a teleprompter .. ...Unfortunately this customer thought me talking on the phone with them several times a day was gonna allow the machine to get built..I am working to get all caught up and just sell from stock as dealing with people in this manner is not what i signed up for.. Good news is the next person on the list gets theirs that much faster.. As a business you cannot make everyone happy ..But i surely can prevent them from being a customer if i think this is the case ..I hope they find the machine and company that can make them happy..I do have plenty of people who want their machine which am working hard on them ..These kind of people i refuse to deal with.It simply is not fair to the other people who have paid their money and are patiently waiting for their machine to be built in the order it was sold..
I have not been taking orders the last few weeks to allow use to get caught up .. and even then you get them call 5 times in a row people ..Only way i know how to do this so everyone is happy is to build them and the person pays in full and picks it up..First come first serve.. Sorry i have to make changes to how things are done but there will always be those situations if i do not.. Just sucks i do everything i can to keep prices low and quality up but people think you should be able to build it in ten minutes on top of that..For those who have been patient it is a very good thing as i have updated the machines which now come with a built in laptop stand and better positioning of the thc,..

Very well said George

Josh75474

Postby Josh75474 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:22 am

Been there done that situation. I just get a chuckle when others have the same expierience I had with the Delusional idiot.

sam-tip

Postby sam-tip » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm

Just past 4 month (Feb 16 2017) waiting and still counting. Caution! Getting the word OUT!

Mean Kitty

Postby Mean Kitty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 pm

I almost sent him a deposit. I actually told him I was mailing it over the weekend. But ended up not making it to the post office. Monday I tried calling him, but the voice mail was full. I emailed, and texted them. A week later, still no reply's. Took my deposit back to the bank today, and decided I'm just going to buy from a reputable company, and not worry about the money I may have saved, or may have lost. So happy people have posted their experiences here, I think it saved me from possibly loosing a lot of money. Really sad you can't trust many people anymore. Star-labs 4x8 is currently at the top of my list right now after researching several company's. Looks like a really well built machine, and I like that the gantry is strong enough to put a router on. JD2 also looks really good, but the price is a fair bit more, and from what I can tell the star-lab machine looks just as well built.

motoguy

Postby motoguy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 pm

I own a 6x12 star lab. You won't regret the purchase.

_Ogre

Postby _Ogre » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:19 pm

we have a 4x8 bulltear (starlab) you won't regret going with starlab
all axis's have linear bearings and straight gear drives (no V-rollers on angle iron here)
our table arrived on time and turn key as promised

matt the owner hangs out here and is very good at returning emails and phone calls, can't beat matt for tech support
i feel lucky when i hear all the horror stories about lack of tech support from these new plasma start ups
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!

Mean Kitty

Postby Mean Kitty » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Glad to hear some great things about star labs. I really love that they also have lots of options available (pipe cutter, engraver, router) not that I need that stuff yet, but I love that they have already developed it :) Hopefully I'll pull the trigger in the next couple weeks, and get on the waiting list :) Thanks for the feedback too.

motoguy

Postby motoguy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:45 pm

Matt's (Starlab/Bulltear) customer support was one thing that pushed me to his machines. At the time of purchase (August 15), I couldn't find a complaint about him. On the internet, that's saying a lot (or so I thought). I then read about some poor soul's HORRIBLE situation with Burntables. The idea of being in his shoes, and being out $20k made me nauseous.

Matt is not only active in this forum (username BTA Plasma), but he's also active in several of the plasma cutting Facebook groups. A month or so ago, he was helping my troubleshoot some issues I was having (via text/messenger), at 11:30. PM. On a Saturday. I've done a lot of boneheaded stuff during my learning curve, and he was there to advise me against/bail me out of it each time. Super happy with my Bulltear/Starlab.

BTA Plasma

Postby BTA Plasma » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:26 am

You just caught me watching better call Saul late into the night and I had my cell phone on. That was not normal..lol.

We have sold a small handful of machines to folks that George has upset and they were turned off. I will reserve criticism of that machine publicly but the entry level machines sure do bring us a lot of business...eventually folks want something more. The lesson is if you can afford to throw that initial investment away and buy something long term then maybe an entry level machine is for you but your going to spend more money eventually.

People shop on price mostly, turn their view to a pop can machine that moves around but eventually look at quality and robustness. Look around at the MFGs that have gone from simple aluminum or thinner frames to steel. Eventually if the MFG cares at all about quality they will get more efficient and the machine design will improve...BUT...You could have 100 negative reviews and 1 good review and some folks will turn their heads at the 100 bad reviews in hopes that the masses are wrong. Consider the issues you have now and going forward with service where you will be left.

djreiswig

Postby djreiswig » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:08 pm

I have a 4x8 Starlab. Excellent quality machine, and Matt has been very available and always helpful.

_Ogre

Postby _Ogre » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 pm

Mean Kitty wrote: I really love that they also have lots of options available (pipe cutter, engraver, router) not that I need that stuff yet,

we bought bulltear/starlabs specifically because it had room under the gantry for the pipe cutter feature with no change over required
other pipe cutters require disassembly of half the table to make them work and use a belt to rotate the pipe
we change from flat plasma to rotary plasma by opening a different program on the pc and nothing else

here is a video of rotacut in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilc_ldF7eLE

the rotacut head is very heavy duty with a real 3 or 4 jaw chuck (we only have the 3 jaw chuck)

the extra height on the gantry also allows for fixtures on the table for different applications

the ''bungmaster'' cuts holes for O2 bungs in exhaust systems, 4 bungs per system at one time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmoCJ-65Wlw

bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!

BTA Plasma

Postby BTA Plasma » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:41 pm

That was the predecessor to the Star Lab. It had 10.5" of clearance under the gantry. We have 8.25 on the Star Lab series. The Star Lab frames got beefier (4x4 boxed steel with 5/8" thick 5x8 feet) and the gantry is all steel now and the motor sizes changed (more power). That machine with a big throat like that had huge capabilities.

tcaudle

Postby tcaudle » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:13 pm

One of the things builders sometimes overlook is that you can take a section of the table and build a "well" that can have the rotary axis below the normal slat level and increase the diameter of the rotary cut and the clearance by several inches. So even if you just have 6" of gantry clearance over the slats you can cut up to 10" pipe . It takes some modification of the table and the water tray and you can design it so you can have longer slats to cover the well when not in use or have a seperate set of shorter slats you can drop in to give you the full table cutting area.

Return to “Various Manufacturers”