Experiences with Dynatorch?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
dirtdummy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Experiences with Dynatorch?

Post by dirtdummy »

I am new to site and looking to buy a dynatorch 5x10 table any feedback on dynatorch and thier products would be apreciated thanks dirtdummy
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: CNC Plasma Table Reviews

Post by boodog710 »

I have had a 5 x 10 DynaTorch with a Hypertherm 1250 plasma plus I added the acetylene torch. I use the plasma almost every day and am very pleased with it. The support has been excellent. I added to the standard software package. I added Cutting Shop and We-Sim. I highly suggest anyone purchasing one do the same. Makes all the difference in the use and operation of the machine.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Right on...thanks boodog710

cuttinparts :)
anvilhead
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by anvilhead »

I have just found this thread.... I am always looking at the cool dxf files everyone submits. The DynaTorch system has been an excellant purchase for our company. We use it in-house almost every day. Things that we use to cut by hand and spend hours on can be cut by the machine in minutes. The DynaTorch has also opened doors for new business. Fabricating things that were not really our scope of business - we are starting to make signs - we even used the machine to help us produce a chandelier that was 54' wide and 9'6" in height. I traveled to the DynaTorch facility and spend several hours before I made my purchase. I bought the 5x10 table and with hind sight being perfect vision I wish I had gone with a 6x12 for the simple fact that our aluminum supplier carries a 1/4 sheet in only 5x12 size.... so our winter project this year is to add on 2' to the length of the table - DynaTorch will sell me the necessary components to do so. Yes I can index the sheet and move the material... but the best business decision is to lengthen the machine. Now for the most important part of DynaTorch- the service after they have collected your hard earned money. One word.... OUTSTANDING! Walt in the office, Mike with the DynaTorch software, Leon with the technical side, Russel and Greg in the shop and Gary with the wee-sim software.... these guys are a part of our team for business .... enough said.
There is plenty of room at the top - and the top is where you want to be. Whenever you do a project - do the hardest part first and the rest will be easy.
edwardn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: DYNATORCH CNC Plasma Cutting Tables

Post by edwardn »

HI all

I just found this site and registered, i've had my DT for 1.5 years now... its a 4x8 drop side duo drive, i bought a 1250 Hypertherm to go with it, i use corel 3x and just got 4x to give it a try, and sheetcam.... i dont know much about other systems so i cant compare, but i sure like my table and Hypertherm... i bought it to start a small metal art company out of my garage in my spare time, its been a real learning experience mostly with corel but im at the stage where i can make my own drawing from scatch.. eventually i hope to do metal work full time.. i just tried cutting aluminum lately and really like the way it turns out, its nice to work with also..

EDD
mack5894
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mack5894 »

I have a 5x10 Master series with a powermax 1000. So far it has worked great and the guys over at Dynatorch have been very helpful.
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Wine Country »

Before purchasing my 5X10 Dynatorch table, I looked around at many others and never heard much about Dynatorch. I
did some extensive electrical work for "Animatics" in Santa Clara California. I asked the CEO , Robert Bigler if they
made servo motors for any of the CNC plasma table manufacturers. He replied that they made them for
Dynatorch and introduced me to another gentleman from Kentucky that worked for Animatics. He explained many things
about their motors and plasma cutting tables. I mentioned that he was well versed in the plasma cutting use of their motors,
and he replied that he had a 5X10 Dynatorch in his own garage back home, and he actually wrote the software for the motors for Dynatorch!. I did more homework and bought my machine soon after . I figured if there was any trouble with one of my motors, I could take it to work with me and drop it off for repair or exchange. Each motor has its own microprocessor
in it and has a stout planetary gearbox on it that impressed me. I was leary of the servo motors on some machines that have
the die cast finish , and look like they belong on a car heater blower .
Magma-joe
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Magma-joe »

I have owned a Dynatorch since 2005. I had no CNC experience when I purchased their gantry. I started out with a standard gantry dual X axis drive powered by a single motor w/ cross shaft and built my own table. The machine cut well and I made a great deal of custom parts with it. I found the tech support to be excellent and is free for the life of the machine.

Since my original purchase in 2005 Dynatorch has introduced many upgrades and new accessories for their machines. I decided to update and modify my table to their latest features as well as add some of my own design. Dynatorch was very helpful in providing me the parts and tech support I needed to accomplish my upgrade. Their software features are right up there with the the high end industrial manufacturers like Hypertherm and Burny. They are a great company and understand that their customers are priority #1. I have included a before and after picture of the table. I documented the build at the CNC Zone in the Dynatorch section for anyone interested.

Here is a video clip of the Machine doing some engraving with the Dynatorch scribe attachment I added during the up grade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-xVV-u2jM

Magma-joe

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by Magma-joe on Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
bossind
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by bossind »

I ordered the 4x8 Gantry with the down draft table for the High School , haven't received yet but will report back when we do.
toko
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Experiences with Dynatorch?

Post by toko »

Here's our experience:
We bought a 6x20 table which I think was a pretty big project for them. We've had less than a year and have fought with numerous problem along with the learning curve. For one thing the main track was bowed so we are having to take it off and drill and tap new holes the length of the table. Our motors were overheating so they were getting new gearboxes and after several months they still aren't here. We had problems with electrical noise or something that would totally lock up the program and we'd have to rehome the machine and somehow resume our cutting. any fine detail on thin metal really give it the works with the tall gantry It feels like it's liable to run off the track and makes kind of jaggedy cut. Otherwise for basic stuff it has worked fine. some of their upgrade may take care of the problems we just got our torch a bit too soon.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”