Delusional Designs CNC Support

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
taberahkj
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Delusional Designs CNC Support

Post by taberahkj »

Anyone cut much corrugated with one of these tables? I'm considering one but would like opinions on their thc. I'll be cutting corrugated somewhat frequently and want to know if it will reliably do it. Any video would be great.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

Brand X wrote:I been using Inkscape, corel, for a long time... Also Sheetcam since 2003. So keep up the S**T , seen it all before from the CNC plasma companies that trash others, to make others think they worth buying their Junk.. Generally go tits up soon., but not before it leave a bunch of people holding the bag.. Worthless in remote running.WTF is that spiel about?

Have you ever heard of CandCnc.. I upgraded my original control box, and THC just a few years ago.. Just added stuff to my power supply, and it was seamless. That was to my box built in 2005. Don't think you will be around long enough for that kind of support.. I believe somebody should just built their own with a qaulity gantry kit and use better parts then messing with a sub standard low rent table.. Inkscape is free, and SheetCam package is really low cost too. Much better proven setup in the end, and no sales pitch for a substandard machine..

Brand X you are 100% the typical hypocritical troll that has always been around and will always be .. I expect these kind of people ..You are trashing my machines and have never seen one..You know nothing of my customer service nor of who i or my company are yet you talk junk like a paid troll.. Only thing i see in this post that is substandard is your spell check..The more you talk about something you have never seen the more you prove my point.. You words have no credit ..Sorry you get upset or salty when someone does an honest side by side comparison ..Sorry you do not like the results ..Seems you must own stock in the blue and yellow company or something.. You sure are taking it personal and making yourself look silly talking about things you know nothing about..Seems this thread was written by customers who actually own and have used my machines not by some hater who feels their opinion about something they have never seen in person holds weight..Or that their opinion of someone they have never met means something..Sure i could tell you more about me and how long i have been doing this and explain things to help you ..But it would be a moot point as you cannot fix someone like you So hope you have an awesome weekend troll on little buddy
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I certainly don't think it is a good way to market a product by knocking the competition. I have owned a number of cutting machines....and trust me, you could do a similar video showing the good points of any of them vs the bad points of any of them. The bottom line with CNC cutting tables is the parts that they cut, but also the ease of use and ease of learning curve of the software.

I recommend that if shopping for an entry level cnc machine...that you get info from people that have used the machine and the software for a number of years. The sales brochures and videos from the producers of the machines are going to stretch the truth. The worst part is that...in this video they are talking about a machine that they clearly have not used for more than a few cuts....vs their own machine that they designed. I wonder which one they have mastered the learning curve on!

Comparison videos would be great if they went from start (CAD drawing a part), through the conversion process to a cut file (CAM), then positioning the material on the cutting slats, then getting the torch in position to cut a part...or a nest. Here is where you will see the software in action....which is a very important part of every CNC machine. I would be happy to do a video showing "drawing to cutting" of a part with the machine/software I am most familiar with in my home shop. I would invite others to video the exact same part on different machines and software. With those that were through the learning curve...I suspect we would see similar parts and cut quality.

The bottom line is with ease of use (good software, CAD/CAM and Machine Control)....and the end result:
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg
Powermax holes samples 002.jpg
Powermax45 edge angle 003.jpg
boltsin.jpg
Powermax .125 samples 002.jpg
.250 cuts 001.jpg
IMG_2766.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I might be a troll, but I am not pushing a product, or making one cent on what I post. You can see the attitude above, best for people to look someplace else for a table.. You will be sorry if you go with that pile!:) We have all seen this garbage before!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

taberahkj wrote:Anyone cut much corrugated with one of these tables? I'm considering one but would like opinions on their thc. I'll be cutting corrugated somewhat frequently and want to know if it will reliably do it. Any video would be great.
Just about any machine with a THC can cut corrugated if you are willing to slow down the speeds to a crawl and then deal with the ugly cuts you will get. I saw a home built table with a home built THC on Youtube of it cutting bent metal. Pretty impressive until it showed the feedrate DRO on the screen and it was at 25 IPM. :o

Conversely very few have the performance to be able to cut corrugated at horizontal speeds above 100 IPM. Even fewer have an option to cut corrugated with no flat leadins , no sample and hold ( a "start anywhere" process). To analyze you need to know more about the THC and get the maximum UP and DOWN speeds that the unit can cut with. That number predicts the fastest horizontal speeds you can run before the torch hits the metal and drags it off the table.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I agree on the corrugated. Typical x-y plasma cutting systems are not designed for real 3 axis operation. There is a z axis that uses arc voltage as the feedback loop.....it is designed to maintain torch to work distance (critical to cut quality) with normal warpage of the material being cut as well as with thermal stresses and slats that naturally receive damage during cutting. With decent height controls you can cut corrugated metal...as Tom suggests by slowing the x and y feedrate down in order to maintain proper cut height. Don't expect the best cut quality! Jim Colt Hypertherm
plasmapros
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by plasmapros »

Just for fun let’s see who thinks this thread is an ongoing FREE advertisement for a company who hasn't even spent the $20 to be Contributing Member here let alone posted any relevant content that would be useful to any of us. Post your YES or NO below.
taberahkj
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by taberahkj »

Thanks Jim! I'll just keep cutting those by hand and not expect that from a cnc machine at a low price point. I've learned a lot from this forum
Bobkovacs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bobkovacs »

taberahkj wrote:Thanks Jim! I'll just keep cutting those by hand and not expect that from a cnc machine at a low price point. I've learned a lot from this forum
Don't give up on cutting the corrugated with the table yet- it may still be neater and cleaner than what you can get cutting by hand, even though it's not perfect.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

YES... And I am glad others can see there is something fishy about the love posts from all the satisfied customers. I think his response to me is the kind of support you could expect to receive . That's only if you ever question the awesomeness of his extremely Big brain/Balls.. Almost as big as his BullS**T lines.. :)Delusional designs as a name says it all.. ;)
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

Buyers beware. Ddelusional designs (George Musek). No table and won't send my money back
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

Run the other way. He has my 3600 but I've not seen my table. Paid back in December and he said 3 or 4 weeks. I inquired about delivery date and got the run around several times.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

Jim i agree one cannot expect good results with a typical xyz machine cutting corrugated as the shield will likely hit the material if proper cut height is used.. Then you have the issues of the material flexing when the torch touches off..I find the material walks in most cases.. Seems the only true way you can get good results with cnc plasma on corrugated is to have a bevel cutting head that not only tilts but rotates to keep the torch straight to the material even when climbing the steep angles corrugated has.. There is a trade off..If you set your thc up to do corrugated you will likely have poor quality when doing circles and other pieces that are not corrugated....Running to fast acting of a thc will cause you to loose arc stability on small circles And not running thc on corrugated will cause collisions so you Either a need different profiles or you are gonna notice issues
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

tcaudle wrote:
taberahkj wrote:Anyone cut much corrugated with one of these tables? I'm considering one but would like opinions on their thc. I'll be cutting corrugated somewhat frequently and want to know if it will reliably do it. Any video would be great.
Just about any machine with a THC can cut corrugated if you are willing to slow down the speeds to a crawl and then deal with the ugly cuts you will get. I saw a home built table with a home built THC on Youtube of it cutting bent metal. Pretty impressive until it showed the feedrate DRO on the screen and it was at 25 IPM. :o

Conversely very few have the performance to be able to cut corrugated at horizontal speeds above 100 IPM. Even fewer have an option to cut corrugated with no flat leadins , no sample and hold ( a "start anywhere" process). To analyze you need to know more about the THC and get the maximum UP and DOWN speeds that the unit can cut with. That number predicts the fastest horizontal speeds you can run before the torch hits the metal and drags it off the table.
tcaudle i Totally agree there has to be more logic in the process but even with that a torch that does not pivot will not be able to maintain proper cut height without hitting so you are still left with wide kerfs and dimensionally incorrect parts..
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

In reality, most corrugated work I have seen is supposed to be "artsy". A little bit of roughness and some dross is even desirable in many cases. So...as Tom pointed out you can often cut corrugated if you slow down the speeds (dross) so that the z axis can keep up. Cutting corrugated really is not affected by what the THC or CNC machine costs, but it is affected by the total performance of the THC and the x and y axis co-ordination. I know of one major entry level/light industrial machine brand that cost more than others...and is a real "pretty" machine....but has a terrible height control system. It is not the price! Jim Colt
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

tcaudle i Totally agree there has to be more logic in the process but even with that a torch that does not pivot will not be able to maintain proper cut height without hitting so you are still left with wide kerfs and dimensionally incorrect parts..
That is not correct. The angled cut would present as somewhat thicker material but on corrugated the thickness is not enough to case a width variance .You do not need a pivoting torch to cut thin corrugated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDj5SSle-ng
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

Shoot just put like a 200 amp cutter on and lock the z axis just above the highest part of the corrugated and go to town.. Plenty of dross and still would cut like an inch and a half from the tip..Then you got a cutter that can do 2 inch thick to if you need it..Probably could even so it with a victor cutmaster 152..
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

Josh75474 wrote:Buyers beware. Ddelusional designs (George Musek). No table and won't send my money back
You cancelled your payment after the machine was done but yet you continue to think someone was gonna deliver your machine ..I do not have your money paypal has your money since you tried to pull a fast one thinking i would deliver your machine and not notice you pulled the payment..If you wanted a refund all you had to do was say so and i would have refunded it .Instead you filed a case without talking to me which paypal has a process they go thru not me.. Sorry dude you screwed me having me build a machine when you never had intentions of paying for it.. Just tell the truth if you gonna talk about it make sure you post the invoice i sent you that clearly states the terms of the deal which you chose to not do.Your paypal payments kept getting denied for security reasons ..and now it is clear why they were blocking it as you cancelled the payment on a custom built machine .. Seller beware this guy didn't pay the half down ..He will cancel the payment even after the item has been shipped..He has harassed my friends ,my family,and my customers.. He then sent payments without talking to me to see if i would do a payment plan.. i went thru hell trying to help him get his paypal so the payments would go thru ..Not sure if he was paying with a stolen credit card or what ..But who sends $1500 then $200 then $12.87 then $1000 days apart?who wouldn't think a payment for 12 dollars and 87 cents is not some kind of scam ...Seriously you can not think your behavior is normal or how you do business..Who would leave out and drive 1000mile to deliver a machine to someone after they had shady payments and then cancelled the payments..I have struggled with how to deal with this...My invoice clearly says half down which would have been $3562.50 ....None of those payments made any sense..Then you pulled your payment after then machine is built..But yet you wanna harrass and slander.. Anything but handle things like an adult.. ..
This guy tried to get me to deliver his machine even after he cancelled his payments..Thinking he would get one over on me..But i didn't go on his fb or his business page or his friends and family and talk crap .that is what kind of guy he is..Not me.. If you have an issue talk to the person ..pretty simple. You are running around talking crap like a scorned ex gf..It is what is ..The deal was doomed from the start as you couldn't just pay the down payment and thought that changed the terms of the contract..Even with all the partial payments you were were $30 dollars and 62 cents short on paying the required half down as per our agreement.After the cancelled payments you only paid $819 towards the down payment..Not sure how you feel partial payments and breach of contract makes good business but this is what you did

Even after i bent over backwards to try to make it where you could get a machine you screwed me ..Please show me on the invoice where we set a date for delivery ..I told you i would contact you when the machine was done to set up delivery which i did..then next day you cancelled your payment..This is all on you dude..What you are doing is harrasment ,defamation of character it is a criminal offense..You really need to lighten up or i will be forced to press charges
Paypal holds the money and investigates things like this so people are not screwing eachother ..They are not even done with the investigation to see who is right and wrong but yet you going off like i took your money and ran..No sir i built a machine for you and you cancelled the down payment trying to get me on half the purchase price.. There clearly is no way we can work this out between us so lets just let paypal handle it ..Once they decide wether you should get your none refundable deposit back on a custom machine or if they think i should give your money back i will either send you the 819 you sent via wire transfer back to you or use toward laywer fees to sue you for slander and the rest of the costs i incured due to you canceling the payments and slandering ..Either way there was no way anyone could have made you happy as you were upset at me your payments didn't go thru.. You are the only customer ever that couldn't send a simple paypal payment and you are the only customer to cancel a payment..
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

No. You screwed me for 850 that was direct deposit in your account. You flaked out on 5 different delivery dates.
Return my 850
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

People need to run far away from you con act. Web page you have doesn't work...red flag....wouldn't accept payment via phone credit card...red flag.... can't advise customers you can't make your delivery dates...red flag....people will figure you out. And you are a crook....otherwise you would return the 850 you had me direct deposit to your account. Please by all means any potential customers to this jerk call me first 903 259 0751. I'd be more than happy to go to court and expose your game George. On top of that you sent me text you were going to swing by and deliver my 850 back in person. So bring it and don't be a pussy George with you stupid mummy crap YouTube videos.
There isn't a damn thing custom about your tables. Anyone can order a gantry kit with electronics and weld up the lower part. For Christ sakes....your a custom fab and you don't have a brake to bend your own parts? Wtf? All of your software are free downloads that anyone can download FREE.
Buys a 40 foot gooseneck to be pulled with a half ton gas truck....shows your an idiot
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

Paypal has your history and limited payments to you. They have record of all the calls to get the money to you. When someone tells you three or four weeks....never advises when you will deliver and yanks around another 5 weeks... any real business persons going to pick up the phone and advise them they can't make their promises George. Not blame your customer. After all that,yes any logical person is going to freeze their payment. And trust me,I'm not the only one. I've found about 5 in the same situation with you as I am.
Josh75474
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Josh75474 »

Nothing slanderous about exposing the truth. Plus, you have no contract to breech. Where is that George?... where. I never got a contract. Maybe you should do that in the future. Future of broken word and sorry business ethics.
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

the invoice is the contract..
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

noone else has ever had an issue paying you had issues with your account..I am an a+ customer with paypal .. More of your lies...
tm america
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tm america »

Josh75474 wrote:People need to run far away from you con act. Web page you have doesn't work...red flag....wouldn't accept payment via phone credit card...red flag.... can't advise customers you can't make your delivery dates...red flag....people will figure you out. And you are a crook....otherwise you would return the 850 you had me direct deposit to your account. Please by all means any potential customers to this jerk call me first 903 259 0751. I'd be more than happy to go to court and expose your game George. On top of that you sent me text you were going to swing by and deliver my 850 back in person. So bring it and don't be a pussy George with you stupid mummy crap YouTube videos.
There isn't a damn thing custom about your tables. Anyone can order a gantry kit with electronics and weld up the lower part. For Christ sakes....your a custom fab and you don't have a brake to bend your own parts? Wtf? All of your software are free downloads that anyone can download FREE.
Buys a 40 foot gooseneck to be pulled with a half ton gas truck....shows your an idiot
your credit card was probably a stolen credit card or paypal would have let it go thru ..

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”