Replacement for Chinese motion controller

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Unvevo
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Replacement for Chinese motion controller

Post by Unvevo »

I need to replace my hycnc controller on my iplasma 4x4. It's a super cheap table, but it is all I can afford. It works great for the amount of work I do. Since I have got the table six months ago I have had non-stop problems with the controller. If I leave the controller powered up it will randomly take off and crash the table. If I do a cut that takes longer than four or five minutes it will overheat and drop a motor output crashing the table. it finally gave out this evening and is stuck driving the Y motor and I could not get it to stop. I am trying to find some kind of affordable replacement for the controller. I have not had any luck with any attempts to get it warranted.

mechanicalmongoose20
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Replacement for Chinese motion controller

Post by mechanicalmongoose20 »

Candcnc and don't look back.
5x10 PPLLC GANTRY
PMX45
CANDCNC 620-4 OHMIC FEATHER TOUCH
VELOX Z AXIS WITH CUSTOM MOUNTS
SWAG FINGER BRAKE
ALPHATIG 200X
HOBART 210MVP
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Does that have any form of THC and do you want that feature? A gecko G540 is a lower cost but higher quality 4 motor stepper driver that will handle up to 600 oz-in motors rated at 3.5A. If just want motion the G540 will drive off a parallel port of a PC running MACH3. The G540 has a built in Breakout board but it has limited inputs and outputs making THC control a challenge (but doable). There are some more expense front end controls (go between the PC and the motor drivers) that have THC and connect via Ethernet rather than parallel port but will still let you use the G540 to spin the motors . The iplasma is not a bad little table and with the proper controls and a good plasma will do some quality cutting
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

I do not have a THC installed I bought the miniThc but I have not figured out how to install it on my older hypertherm 800 w/o port. I am running mach 3 serial. I will check out the gecko.
Unvevo

Post by Unvevo »

mechanicalmongoose20 wrote:Candcnc and don't look back.
I plan to purchase a higher end 5x10 in the future. Im just looking for a temporary fix that will last for a few more months.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”