GearHead CNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
fostern91
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

GearHead CNC

Post by fostern91 »

Does anyone know if GearHead CNC shut down. They seemed like a family company that made CNC tables. I purchased one of their tables a few years ago and am unable to find them online or get a hold of them. Any information would be helpful.

THANKS
GDS Metal Worx
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: GearHead CNC

Post by GDS Metal Worx »

I too purchased their crappy set up. I have since re built the table and it cuts much much better. I think that they shut down gear head and re opened under plazbot or hobbyplaz something like that. I think the huge amount of unsatisfied customers has caused them to go out of business again.
Masons Forge
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Masons Forge »

I bought one of their tables too. I didn't know what I was doing. Send me a PM and I will give you the last known # for Mitch. The only way I got my table halfway running was to stay after him. He flaked out on me after my table got to my house in pieces.
richgod
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by richgod »

I bought one of these cnc setups my self and built a water bed table but have never used it. I have some questions on how to use it. how do I get ahold of them?
Terry
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Terry »

i bought one too years ago finally got it cutting but junk starting to build a 5x10 now with Candcnc

Terry
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

There are over 30 entry level and light industrial (low cost) table manufacturers in the US and Canada alone, many more worldwide. I always suggest that you do your research and beware of shopping based on low price alone. (they are all the same, right?). Instead, buy from builders that have customers that are happy with the machine, the learning curve, the after sale support and the overall performance. Anyone can build a cnc table with the products available today (software, drives, electronics, motors, software), however building a cnc machine that will perform and last....and have a support link (factory, tech service) are features that set some apart. There are some good values out there...and that does not simply mean low prices! Jim Colt Hypertherm
Terry
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Terry »

Thats great info wish i hadnt been so quick to buy but learn from your mistakes i guess

Thanks
Terry

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”