Kyndill

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
MidAmericaIron
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Kyndill

Post by MidAmericaIron »

Has anyone installed this THC on their existing table? I have a Vicon 510 HVAC table with no height control, and was looking at this system but can't find much feedback on the net. It looks to be a pretty legit system, just wanted to know if anyone on PS has any working knowledge of their system. I would need the full fledged system since I have nothing right now. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Kyndill

Post by islander261 »

Hi

The Kyndill appears to be nearly the same as the old blue screen Torchmate AVHC. Looks like some changes to the lifter and new color for the box. Can't use conductive (ohmic) plate sensing without modification to SW and hardware additions. This is a stand alone Z unit so no control from Mach other than torch on and corner hold if you have it. I posted some notes of my hack of one to use conductive plate sensing here about a year ago, never finished the thread but the conductive sensing works really well.

John
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

I have heard the torchmate blue screen avhc is crap compared to others on the market. But avhc is better than no avhc.
I just think that setup is grossly over priced
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If you need to cut thin materials (thinner than 3/16") then you really need ohmic sensing for accuracy. You also need the ability for the cnc control or software to freeze the height control whenever speed drops below about 80 to 90% of the programmed cut speed (fine features, small holes and corners). If you have a cnc machine that does not have a height control integrated as another axis.....then this type of standalone height control is better than no height control. Also...I believe the Kyndill comes with a z axis motorized slide and the appropriate drive electronics built in. Many height control prices do not include the slide.

Or.....you can buy an industrial standalone height control system like the Hypertherm PHC. All of the good features....designed for industrial 100% duty cycle use, even with high frequency start plasma. Roughly $6k.

Best bet is to be sure when you buy a cnc plasma machine that it has a ful featured height control. It is every bit as important as the motion control in the x and y axis.....and is the key to best cut quality and plasma torch consumable life. Jim Colt Hypertherm
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

It appears that maybe they were the supplier to torch mate

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”