Messer Titan III serious issues

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
KyleBrapBrap
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Messer Titan III serious issues

Post by KyleBrapBrap »

Hello,

I work in a high output industrial fabrication shop in Arizona. The issues with my table are: The torch head will ground out, raise back up and only come down 3 inches and try to spark while 6 inches off of the plate. Also the XY coordinates are not being read properly. Each time that I align the plate, it will reset to new coordinates that haven't been used previously. The coordinates are changing to new positions each time I align it. I cant even guesstimate a location to try to cut anything. It is also burning through consumables at an alarming rate. It is leaving twice the amount of slag on the parts as normal. It isn't throwing any error codes to the computer either.

I have already tried to diagnose the issues without any luck. I have gone through all three manuals. All the gases are full and at the correct pressures as well as the air supply, all of the fuses are intact. I took apart the torch head and everything was intact inside and relatively clean. All of the guide rails are clean with no damage to them. Same goes for the rails that the machine runs on. Coolant is full as well. For the computer side of it, I reset it to factory settings and IHS heights. I turned the tool offset off as well to try to get it to pinpoint coordinates. The machine itself is getting the full voltage to operate without any fluxes in the power. The code that the machine is running on has been used for the past year without any changes to it. I think that the issue might be electrical still due to the high amount of dust in the valley. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Boone

Messer Titan III
HPR260XD
Turboflame Oxyfuel
Rexroth Indradyn S MSK Synchronous Motor
JB Technical 20X9 Ft Water Table
KyleBrapBrap
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Messer Titan III serious issues

Post by KyleBrapBrap »

A new thing started occurring today. It is inputting its own "Tool Offset" coordinates and they are changing during each cut. Everyone at this shop is stumped.
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by srp »

If your machine is online it sounds like someone is jerking your chain. I think you will have to go to the mfg.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

That machine likely has the Messer Global CNC control. Best bet is to contact their technical service.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”