Delusional Designs CNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
msc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Delusional Designs CNC

Post by msc »

While researching which CNC to buy, I came across a post on this forum on Delusional Designs CNC table with a link to their site. The site is not functioning and I had to email to get their phone number. I spoke with George who was really informative and helpful. I liked everything he had to say about his machine and I am interested. The price is right as is all the features George told me about. However, I can't seem to find anything online about Delusional Designs other than a youtube video. This lack of information makes me very skeptical.

Does anyone here have any experience with Delusional Design? I want this to b a good machine from a good company but as I said I can't find anything.
flimmy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Delusional Designs CNC

Post by flimmy »

I have one of the Delusional Desings CNC 4x4 machines and love it. George has been very helpful and always seems to have the time to help me with whatever questions I've had. The machine has been very reliable, I use it for art and for making brackets for my off road business.

Here is the link and its working for me

http://www.delusionaldesignscnc.com/sto ... Table.html
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I think I read info on them in the past and they used an Arduino or similar computer for running the table. Looking at the info on the site listed above it looks like a very light table with small motors. And the wording does not seem to be English I would do a lot more digging before buying.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
msc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by msc »

I'm told it weighs about 600 pounds. Is Arduino used to run the table a good thing?
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I cannot answer that but would think it may limit the complexity of the software options needed for plasma cutting like THC, changing speed, limit/home switches. IMHO :lol:
Just make sure all the right questions are answered before you plunk your money down.
There are a small number of posts here from guys that bought sub-standard tables and have had problems.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
a10weaponsguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by a10weaponsguy »

I have one of his 4x4 second gen machines and so far so good. he was a great guy to deal with and seemed very knowledgeable. I'm still waiting on my plasma cutter to get here but he even brought his own to teach me on! I have a router setup on it now just messing around.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”