CandCNC PN200

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

CandCNC PN200

Post by exapprentice »

Hi everyone

Is there a way of setting a "Goto referance point" via the PN200 pendant :?:

I normally use the goto referance point via the on screen button but with my set up the mouse, keyboard and screen are inside a cabinet when I am cutting or about to cut.

The PN200 is brilliant for all other set up processes where you want to move, jog zero out etc
It would be really nice if you could have a simple button on the PN200 for "Goto referance point".
can this be done via a macro written for the PN200?
after reading what I have just written :roll: can I also ask if its possible to have a button on the PN200 for "set ref point" which shouldve been the first question :oops:

has anyone written there own macros for the PN200 that do the above or other useful operational things and would you be willing to share them ?
thank you and regards
exapprentice
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CandCNC PN200

Post by tcaudle »

you can write and store up to 90 macros that you call using the Macro Button followed by the numbers on the keyboard
A macro to select a screen button is pretty easy. You just need the button ID number (see the MACH3 WIKI to get the button numbers) and use the DoOEMButton (buttOEMCode as Integer) command. make one for the Set and one for the Goto actions and assigned then an M code number after 1010.
The PN200 manual has a programming section and several canned macros are there. One note: you have to put the macro in the macros/{name of profiel you are running] folder. each profile has its own macros folder and macros.

The OEm fo rht Setis 242 and the Goto is 243
so something like:
DoOEMButton(242)
While ismoving()
Wend

and

DoOEMButton(243)
While ismoving()
Wend

Save them as M1004 and M1005 respectively. You can write and test the code using the MACh OPERATOR/VB SCRIPT EDITOR menu
The the macro button + 4 should do the SET function and the macro button + 5 will do the goto
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: CandCNC PN200

Post by exapprentice »

Thank you Tom

Brilliant, more than I was expecting and as always your support is very much apprietiated and spot on
when I have time and my m/c is up together I will send you some pic's and maybe a short video
I am really happy I went with CandCNC for my THC and really happy with how its all going
even after the shakey start where Luke and yourself helped me out with all those simple questions :!:
best regards
exapprentice
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”