EZ Cut CNC Plasma machine

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
ripp4502
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

EZ Cut CNC Plasma machine

Post by ripp4502 »

I am new here and have been having issues with my EZ Cut CNC plasma machine. The training or lack their of has been detrimental for my business. Our sales rep is less than willing to help because I have a lot of questions. which before I purchased the machine told him that I am up for the challenge to learn the machine and now after I spent 30k he not so welcoming. :evil: I wish I had never bought this machine and wanted to know if there's anyone on here that my have an EZ Cut machine that I can asked questions to help assist me. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance from a struggling CNC newbie ;)
Peace & Blessings!
Ripp4502
ken4952
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: EZ Cut CNC Plasma machine

Post by ken4952 »

Sorry I can't help. I have a plasma cam.
You should be able to Google your questions.
My 2 cents.
Ken
cbassjr
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cbassjr »

Most of these plasma companies (with the exception of a few that use proprietary software) use a lot of registered shareware type software like Solid Edge, Inkscape, Gimp, and Mach 3, etc. What you need to do is let us know what software your running and hardware (plasma cutter) and we can assist you with help. If this is a newly delivered machine and they have basically left you high and dry on support and training I can say the first thing I would do if I spent that much is I'd be in my attorney's office getting my refund check in the mail. Please be aware we can't train you but we can assist you and with this in mind by your statement of "I'm game", my initial reaction is I'm thinking you may have gotten in way above your head as there are two sides to every story. Please don't take my last statement the wrong way and yes I think there may be some questionable vendors as there are in all industries. I'm kinda thinking you may need some legal advice and real quick before things get beyond help.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

EZ Cut uses an industrial grade cnc control and software. They also sell every machine with onsite installation and training.......did you not get that level of training? I was involved with an installation of an EZ Cut at PJ Jones shop in Scottsdale AZ last year and was impressed with the machine and the level of training.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
benshaum
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by benshaum »

What issues are you having? We have not received any calls from customers having any problems. Please send me an email at bshaum@machitech.com to get this resolved!! I'm a technician for EZ Cut CNC by the way
ripp4502
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ripp4502 »

Thank you all I got it resolved going forward@bshaum@machitech.com I will contact you.
Peace & Blessings!
Ripp4502
Metriccar
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Metriccar »

Just out of curiosity if I have a hypertherm powermax what advantages would I get by running an ez cut or multicam versus a Plasmacam that costs half as much?
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

I own two Plasmacams.....and they are great machines. as mentioned in a previous post I am familiar with the EZ Cut machines as well. If you plan to throw the same cut files at each machine, assuming the same plasma cutter is on each as well....expect the same quality parts from each. Both have excellent motion control and height control (height is very important).

The differences? I call the Plasmacam machine more of an entry level machine due to its lighter weight construction, the fact that its mechanical guideways are cam bearings riding on formed tubing, and the fact that it comes somewhat incomplete....the sparks and molten metal will just blow straight down on the floor as there is no water table or fume control. The training? You are on your own with Plasmacams video manual as well as support from their (excellent if I must say) user group. Plasmacam's proprietary software is probably the easiest to learn and use. I really like my Plasmacams for the limited hobby use that I use it for. Could you use it for production? I'm sure you can, but I expect it will require more hands on maintenance over time that heavier duty industrial grade machines.

The EZ Cut uses properly specified stepper drives, proprietary electronics and software (they are owned by Machitek, builder of very high end industrial CNC plasma systems), uses linear motion bearings as guideways, comes complete with a pre-engineered fume control system. They have heavier general construction as compared to a Plasmacam type machine...and I would expect the EZCut to hold up better over long term light industrial usage. EZCuts come with a training plan (on site, online or in their factory) as well as installation support. While I am not as familiar with the software and operation as I am with Plasmacam....my observations are that it is pretty intuitive and easy to learn / operate on a daily basis.

So...my opinion of course, but I consider Plasmacam at the top of the line for entry level tables with superior capabilities over most others in the under $20k price range. EZCUT would be near the top of my choice list if I was requiring regular, daily light industrial production as well as excellent factory support. Both will cut the same part. I would strongly suspect that the EZCUT would be a better machine in a day to day light production environment.....over time.

Hope this helps.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Metriccar wrote:Just out of curiosity if I have a hypertherm powermax what advantages would I get by running an ez cut or multicam versus a Plasmacam that costs half as much?
low_hydrogen
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by low_hydrogen »

I own a ezcut cnc 5x10 for almost 2yrs. what issues are you having. also who is your contact with the company I have several phone numbers and I know for a fact they watch this forum. I have had one guy that seems a little less than helpful on the phone. the rest of them have gone out of their way to help me with anything I needed assistance with .

edit: sorry didn't read far enough guess you got your problem takin care of?
kmj22747
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by kmj22747 »

low_hydrogen I have called and email tech support at first he seemed real helpful with my problem but maybe he as confused as me with the program and just hasn't told me he has no idea why the program is giving me problems. But I have have like 4 different cut files that all want to do the the same thing make a few inside cuts cut on the outside does anyone know how to make the cut cut on the inside?
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

kmj22747 wrote:low_hydrogen I have called and email tech support at first he seemed real helpful with my problem but maybe he as confused as me with the program and just hasn't told me he has no idea why the program is giving me problems. But I have have like 4 different cut files that all want to do the the same thing make a few inside cuts cut on the outside does anyone know how to make the cut cut on the inside?
Whenever I have had that kind of problem it has been from sloppy CAD geometry such as an open path that is supposed to be closed, overlapping lines, stray points, etc.. I would examine the CAD drawing closely before feeding it to the CAM.
You could post one of the files here and someone can check it for problems.
jnjdow
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jnjdow »

One of the worst companies to deal with. I bought a table in April 2019 and it is now the end of Oct and still no table. they will not return any calls or emails. they simply just took 37k from us. They will not send us a refund and they will not send us our equipment. They have screwed over many people this year. they keep taking orders without sending out any equipment. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE CROOKS

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”