bulltear cnc

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
jdogbob
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

bulltear cnc

Post by jdogbob »

Has anyone had any dealings with bulltear cnc machines they seem to have a reasonably priced package. Or are they to new for anyone to have used them? I'm trying to find a relatively affordable machine that would have a warranty. I appreciate any input or insight that you may have.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: bulltear cnc

Post by Scratch »

I've met MC, the guy who runs Bulltear. He is a Jeeping acquaintance that lives in my area. I used to make a few parts for him on my table, before he got his. He's a regular on my Jeep forum and I still see him around every once in a while. He was shopping around for a CNC table before I was, and I actually asked his opinions when I bought mine. I ended up buying one from Practical CNC (no longer in business) and he waited a few years then came up with what he sells.

I believe he started selling them around May of 2009.
Here's his URL:
http://www.bulltear.com/

I've never seen one in person but it seems like it's pretty similar to a PlasmaCam table that comes in more sizes. I know he also has a 3' X 2' table size. I can't tell you anything from experience about his tables, but he seems to be a pretty good guy. He also does mill and lathe work, and I know a bunch of friends that have had him do work for them. Never heard a bad complaint about him or his work.

Good luck with your search.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

I believe they use candcnc electronics for their system which is good. If you want to build one you can do it pretty easy yourself. The electronics cost 800.00
sadisticiron
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sadisticiron »

gantry kit is pretty good. decent price for what you get. you can shop around and do all the research and buy the same stuff he offers cheaper. if your like me and have no time its worth it. not knowing anything about cnc plasma machine its was a decent experience. the only problem i have is tech support that other companies offer he lacks. he tries to help the best he can but it sucks when u need a question answered about hooking up electronics or something and it takes a few days to get a answer. finding the answers you need is pretty simple with all the forums out there anyways.
sneezeguard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sneezeguard »

The issue we have is that every time it changes direction it losses .002 so when it comes to repeatability and accuracy its not, we are given the explanation that its a hobby machine. They directed us to the cnc control manufacturer and they told us is it must be mechanical.
We have now had the machine 2 months and left dangling in the breeze with no customer support.

Funny thing is the picture of the unit they sell is the one they shipped us.......

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sneezeguard wrote:The issue we have is that every time it changes direction it losses .002 so when it comes to repeatability and accuracy its not, we are given the explanation that its a hobby machine. They directed us to the cnc control manufacturer and they told us is it must be mechanical.
We have now had the machine 2 months and left dangling in the breeze with no customer support.

Funny thing is the picture of the unit they sell is the one they shipped us.......
I had that happen on my Practical CNC table also when I got it. If I started at 0,0 then traveled 96", it would actually be about 96.002 or something, then when I would go back to 0,0 it would be like -.002 or something. It kept going over.
turned out there was a setting in the win.ini file or something that I changed and it was fine.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Guys, how are you measuring this .002" inaccuracy over such a long distance?

Weldguy
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I set up a dial indicator at the end to fine tune mine in.
sneezeguard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sneezeguard »

when we nested parts after 1 dozen parts coming back to zero it would be off 1 inch so we had to do each part individually. help please......
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Sounds like the exact same problem I had. But I had to call them and told me where in the win.ini file was the number I had to change. I think it was the "resolution" setting in the file... They told me if it's "this" far off at 96" of travel, then I divide by "this much" or something, then put that number in "resolution" location in the win.ini file. Yours I'm sure is different so you're gonna have to call them. You probably don't even have a win.ini file.

I'd try calling them to see if they can help you. Ask them where to find the resolution setting maybe.... I think that's what it was called.\

I'll be screwed if I ever have to change mine again.... I can't remember either. :roll:
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Scratch wrote:I set up a dial indicator at the end to fine tune mine in.
OK, but how did you accuratly measure the 96" exactly to mount the dial indicator perfectly?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I didn't. I just went up 96" then set the dial up there. came back to zero and it went back beyond zero on the second dial. then went back up to 96 and it went over .002. Kept doing that and it kept increasing each travel.

I may be wrong on the .002 measurement though.... it was a while ago...
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

OK, thanks for the info Scratch.
sneezeguard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sneezeguard »

In our case we set a dial indicator at 48'' and started at 0,0 and moved 48'' and then back to 0,0 as we did each movement forward and back we lost .002 per each stroke.
RC151
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by RC151 »

I have heard of this problem, but it was .004" every time the gantry or carriage switched direction. If the problem is mechanical backlash, I wouldn't expect it to be cumulative. I run windows XP and the person that I know with the problem was running Vista. I will contact him tonight and ask if he has the problem solved yet. I will also do some testing with my Bladerunner AIO and my Geckodrive G540 to see if there is an issue when running XP. I am very interested in finding the cause of this problem.
sneezeguard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sneezeguard »

We are up and running and now our nesting works. Bulltear worked with Candc and we got it resolved with a updated chip.
wingnut165
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wingnut165 »

iv had a bulltear kit for about 9 months now and love it! I own and run a welding shop and use it on everything from one off parts to runs on over 100 parts and it works vary well on both. i have to admit i had a few problems at ferst but the guys at bulltear worked with me to get them back on track and i even call them every now and then to just shoot the bull and see whats new. all and all i would say i think for the money it was a slam dunk!!!
Dennis
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dennis »

wingnut165 wrote:iv had a bulltear kit for about 9 months now and love it! I own and run a welding shop and use it on everything from one off parts to runs on over 100 parts and it works vary well on both. i have to admit i had a few problems at ferst but the guys at bulltear worked with me to get them back on track and i even call them every now and then to just shoot the bull and see whats new. all and all i would say i think for the money it was a slam dunk!!!

Funny only one post by wingnut165 ever, or should I say Bulltear... :lol: Not saying Bulltear has a bad product , but I would like to see there manufacturing plant before I would buy. If you want good support buy from a company that has been around the block.. You want to know if you need a part 5 years from now that the company is still in business.
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

sneezeguard wrote:when we nested parts after 1 dozen parts coming back to zero it would be off 1 inch so we had to do each part individually. help please......
Are you sure it's not a problem with the gear ration? I don't have your machine, but on mine (Torchmate) there is a way to adjust the ratio of motor revolutions to screw (or teeth) revolutions. You'd divide the actual distance traveled by what it was suppose to travel, and change the ratio say from "1" to maybe "0.09" or "1.01". Make any sense? Bob
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

If you run away from the indicator, then back to it in the opposite direction, there will always be some difference due to backlash. .002" should be acceptable for most applications, especially plasma.

If you get different error amounts all the time, the most likely cause is missed steps. Neither backlash or gear ratio should cause repeatability to vary during operation.

The most likely cause of missed steps is too much acceleration/decelleration, or trying to run too fast. Steppers lose 80% of their power at 90% of their top speed.

Try running the tests at lowest possible speed/accel. Put a mark on each pully/gear/shaft to make sure it's not slipping there. If it runs out at low speed, that'd seem to indicate an electrical/control/power problem. If it only runs out at high speed, that'd indicate that the motor is weak for that load at that speed.

If you're running 800 IPM traverse speed, as their ads claim is possible, that's probably just way too fast for steppers.
wingnut165
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by wingnut165 »

a vary happy customer and it is still running vary well to this day. I shoped around about 2 years but when i met matt seen the cutter and the price i was sold. its some what simpal but well built. as for the reson i have only posted 2 times well kinda a new cnc owner yet and really not alot of time to be chating it up on forums.plus if i was a guy trying to promote my cutter i dont think i would just start acking like i was a happy customer and i might go out of my why to be a better speller. just saying.
rock4xfab
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by rock4xfab »

I will vouch for MC... he has been on the same jeep boards I have been on for years. He is not going anywhere, and he helped with a project he didnt even sell. MINE lol. I would recommend him and his table to anyone.
-Scott
Rock 4x Fabrication, Inc

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”