router on Tracker 4x8

Tracker CNC plasma table discussion forum
menniej
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

router on Tracker 4x8

Post by menniej »

Hi Everyone ,

Has Anyone ever mounted a router on a tracker table ? Was goin to try this and was looking for all the help I can get :?:

Thanks For your time
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: router on Tracker 4x8

Post by WSS »

First thing to find out is if the Z can coordinate with the X&Y axes. Often Plasma cnc machines do not.

WSS
pony
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by pony »

My TorchMate has the option, although I've yet to use it. The kit I bought from TorchMate came with the Z axis motor and BobCAD software (http://www.bobcad.com/ ).
I'm not at all impressed with BobCAD, they are far to pushy. No sooner had I installed the software than they were calling incessantly about upgrades and plugins. It got that bad that I had to block their number in my PBX....
menniej
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by menniej »

The Z does have a motor and it does come down and touch off the steel and then stands off to what I type in. say come back up 1/8 or 1/4 . when the machine is cutting i can also control the up and down on Z with the keyboard ?? Could there be other software out there that can control my machine ?
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Hi menniej

Yes you can easily install a router on your Trackers lifter assembly and accomplish 2d cutting of foams, woods, and plastics without any software change or upgrade. WSS is correct in that if you intend to do 3d machining type operations the standard 2d plasma software will not work. Currently your z axis can only be moved manually using keyboard commands or can be controlled with Trackers auto height control system during plasma cutting operations. I would not recommend trying to operate your machine with any different software without contacting us first. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help.

Regards
Reid T
Tracker CNC
800-590-7804
1-800-590-7804

Return to “Tracker CNC Forum”