SHAKING on its Y AXIS

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

SHAKING on its Y AXIS

Post by jrios »

My tracker keeps on shakin when it does a vertical cut and its giving me jagged parts instead of clean cut parts.....It trembles even more when the plunge and the AVC is turned to on...Does anybody know why this can be...the table is on a level plain and the drawings are as clean can be...
Metal Lee
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SHAKING on its Y AXIS

Post by Metal Lee »

Hi,
How old is your Table? You may have a grounding problem, Is there a ground strap from your controller to your table? I had a simular problem, a good test is to test fire your torch and see if you get movement X or Y, if so you need to install a ground strap between you control panel to your table. let us know if this works.
Thanks, Metal Lee
Keep the sparks out of your boots!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Jrios

Metal Lee is correct. I would install a ground wire and connect 1 end to your Tracker interface and the other end to your cutting table. A piece of wire 12g-14g and 2 ring terminals is all you need and be sure it has a bare metal connection on both ends.

Also check the 110v outlet that your Tracker is plugged into. It must wired correctly with a working ground or you may see a fast vibration. If you are using an extension cord with no ground lug than that will need to be replaced, I have seen that before.

Also I saw in an earlier post that you are using older software...if there is a "Smoothing" checkbox, be sure to check it and set your sensitivity to 10 or more. Higher numbers will reduce vibration but also reduce THC (AVC) reaction time.

Be sure to accomplish these steps and I am confident you will get positive results. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Have a great weekend guys!

Admin
jrios
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jrios »

My machine is actually not grounded...Thats pretty bad imagine all the voltage buit up on my computer components....i thinks that what happend last time to my old computer...dang it... :cry: I need to get that fix right away...I will ground My Table In two places with one end to my tracker interface...My tracker 110v power connection is hooked up to a 6 outlet strip so how do i make sure that the connection is good and that it has a working ground..,

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”