Command and Cut Issue

Tracker CNC plasma table discussion forum
Mfdchief
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Command and Cut Issue

Post by Mfdchief »

Hello,

I am having an issue with my command and cut software used on my tracker pro table all of a sudden. When you start a cut it flames out and doesn't finish the segment and will move to the next segment, it will do this for all of the segments in the project and never completely cut the project. All of the settings are the same that I have used for the last year and a half and haven't had any issues. Is their a known virus that could caused this? I have ran malware software and anti-virus software which have both completed and found 0 issues. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Tracker 4x8 Pro Table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Corel X7
sphurley
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Command and Cut Issue

Post by sphurley »

CPCinterface.pdf
(130.52 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Are you loosing Arc OK? that would shut down the PM65. The Arc OK comes out of the PM65 called transfer signal. It's an open contact that closes when it senses the arc has started. If you are using the CPC plug it's pins 12 and 14
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
Mfdchief
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Mfdchief »

Hi Steve, thanks for responding. I have changed nothing and not getting any errors on the 65. This all started when attempting to cut a sign that someone else had designed and he was having the same issue. He gave it to me on a flash drive because he has an older table and wanted to try to run it on mine, and that is why I am suspecting a virus. System worked perfect an hour before I inserted his flash drive. I am running virus protection but if it is a virus it wasn’t caught. If all else fails, I’ll reformat the drive and reinstall everything.
Mark
Tracker 4x8 Pro Table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Corel X7
sphurley

Post by sphurley »

I didn't think Linux has virus issues like all things Windows.
Steve
Platform CNC Plasma table
CandCNC Ethercut IV DTHC
Hypertherm 85/CPC/RS485
Miller 350P
Miller Dynasty 280DX
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

I suspect the problem is with the torch beginning to move before the arc has pierced the material and that it is finishing the cuts OK but leaving a short distance uncut at the beginning of the cut. This should be easy to determine. What file format did your buddy give you the file in? Rest assured it won't be a virus.
edclayton1
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by edclayton1 »

Does this problem show itself if you go back and use one of your other cut files? It might be the g-code in his file is just not the way it needs to be. If other files work and this one doesn't than its just the file has issues. When my system acts up I always find myself thinking there is a hardware problem right off the bat. But more often than not it is just my drawing or some other issue. Unless the other guys system is pretty much the exact same as yours it might not work on your setup. I.E. does he use a Hypertherm 65 or some other make and model. Are you using his drawing to produce the G-code or are you trying to use his g-code file?
Home Built 4 * 8 table
Bladerunner
Miller Syncrowave 250 TIG welder
Miller 211 Wirefeed Welder
Bridgeport Mill
Jet 13 * 40 Lathe
Hypertherm Powermax 65
80 gal 2 stage 175 PSI Emax air Compressor
Mfdchief
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Mfdchief »

Problem solved...just as plasmanewbie mentioned, it was not a virus. My friend uses an older version of my software and when I used his flash drive, all of his machine settings copied to my machine. I reset everything with the help of Tracker support and I am back to normal. Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Upside to all of this is I now have some very good virus protection on the machine computer :D
Mark
Mark
Tracker 4x8 Pro Table
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Corel X7

Return to “Tracker CNC Forum”