Found a table

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Found a table

Post by Cbrbarnes »

I found a Tracker table in my local CL a couple days ago. It's a TS4898 from 2004/5 and according to the company that owns it, it was only used for a dozen times or so and then put away in a corner because it wasn't what they needed. Now, 9/10 years down the road it's been in the way too long and they want to sell it. It comes with the Command n Cut software and a big ol squirrel cage exhaust underneath, just no cutter. We shook hands at $3000 but I didn't leave a deposit because I didn't have any cash on me(married with 2 daughters:). I plan on putting a new hypertherm unit on it but I'm most interested in if anybody here has a machine of this vintage and if there is anything I should be looking for. Thanks
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Found a table

Post by CNCCAJUN »

You will like the table, a guy near me has a Tracker just about that age & it does and excellent job.

He builds outdoor cooking equipment.

Contact the guys at TRACKER as soon as you get it or before, they are always helpful to him & it seems to everyone on the board with Tracker & even non- Tracker questions . . .

I almost bought a Tracker but the exhaust system on a Dynatorch air table can not be beat. I have white walls & yet to have the first sign of smoke/soot etc . . .

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Thanks Steve. For the price it was hard to pass up. From what I can tell, the exhaust is a 2000 cfm fan which hopefully will keep the shop clear.
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Cruise the welding shops & try to pick-up some old or torn welding curtains.
Cut them into squares that will cover a 1/4 of your table.
Whenever you have metal on the table just cover any area with the pieces of welding curtain not covered by the metal. I
f you do this you will have no problem with fumes/soot etc . . . .

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

I bought an older used tracker (maybe 98) 5x10 few years ago. It's been a decent table and at your price should work for you. It won't likely have all the bells and whistles of some other brands but if your just starting out like I did it makes the learning curve a little easier. Justin and Reid at tracker have answered any of my questions promptly and with no issues. The table has worked well enough that if I were to upgrade I would definitely put them in the top 2 or 3 to deal with IMO.
Mark
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Hey Mark- I sent an email to Tracker this morning with a few questions so it may be a while before I hear from them. Do you know off hand if thc was standard or an option? That's the main reason for switching from my current table. Thanks
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

sorry but I don't know that answer. I've seen older video on youtube of trackers working and I think they have height control
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Cbrbarnes wrote:Hey Mark- I sent an email to Tracker this morning with a few questions so it may be a while before I hear from them. Do you know off hand if thc was standard or an option? That's the main reason for switching from my current table. Thanks
Post your questions here, the TRACKER guys monitor this site pretty well. . .

Steve
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

I spoke with the guys at Tracker and though it does have height control, the controller doesn't play well with the newer inverter style cutters. The upgraded controller is $3000 so I called the guy and explained my case and gave him a new offer. If he bites it will be worth it, if they can find someone to buy it for what they want, good for them.
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Indeed the older Tracker model you are buying does have auto THC and it will work with current plasma cutters but you will not be able to use the divided voltage signal for the THC, you will need to use raw arc voltage. To use the divided voltage signal from a current plasma you will need to upgrade the Trackers controller to a current model which will provide you with other benefits as well.
1-800-590-7804
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

Cbrbarnes wrote:I spoke with the guys at Tracker and though it does have height control, the controller doesn't play well with the newer inverter style cutters. The upgraded controller is $3000 so I called the guy and explained my case and gave him a new offer. If he bites it will be worth it, if they can find someone to buy it for what they want, good for them.
" We shook hands at $3000"

Where I come from that is a deal. Going back after shaking hands and offering less............bad form! My father raided me better than that.
Cbrbarnes
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Cbrbarnes »

Black Forest- The seller did not give me all of the information. Also, when I brought it home and tried to turn the computer on, it was fried. Luckily the gantry motors still worked. If I would have paid the $3000 for the table I would have been into it for WAY more than it was worth. Also, I didn't put a gun to his head and make him sell it to me, I respectfully explained what was going on the very next day and if he could find someone else to buy the table then good for him. Not sure what your problem is with the deal but it also didn't affect you in any way shape or form nor do you have any of the details as to how it went down. Your father may have raised a fool, sorry.
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

For me it is black and white. If you shake hands the deal is done. Did he tell you something that wasn't true or did he leave out some of the facts such as the computer is fried? If he told you all was in order and it turned out it wasn't then he is the one with no honor. If he told you the table was in working order and it wasn't that is not right on his part.

I have enough of the details to know that a handshake doesn't mean anything to you. Where I come from a handshake is a mans word. No different than a signed contract. A handshake will stand up in a court of law in USA also.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”