Flame Out

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
furnaceman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Flame Out

Post by furnaceman »

does anyone have any comments on "flame outs" we have tried different setting material etc and our torch keeps flaming out. hardly ever get through a sheet with out several flame outs mostly when piercing and a couple times while cutting. i know it cant be touching the metal but it seem very sensitive then it will start cutting and be fine. We do HVAC Fitting and some art files. It seems to happen too often. Any comments would be appreciated. Our plasma is a Hypotherm 65 with a Tracker Table. Any charts with heights etc appreciated. I have spent a lot of time with this and cant seem to get to where we want to be.

Thanks
Dave
CNCCAJUN
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Flame Out

Post by CNCCAJUN »

Have you called the guys at TRACKER . . .

They tend to be very helpful . . .

Steve :D
Smiling Gator Metal Works, LLC
Dynatorch 4X4 XLS
PowerMAX 85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

A "Flame Out" error appearing on your screen is when the system has detected the arc is no longer present. Once this is detected the machine will pause itself and present you with the "Flame Out" error on screen so you can remedy the problem and resume cutting from where it left off. I see you are in the hvac industry so I can assume that you are cutting very thin material. With this thin material it may be warped up and in contact with the torch when its trying to pierce, often times when this happens your plasma cutter will not fire and when that happens you get the "Flame Out" error. Do you notice the torch in contact with the material during the pierce?
1-800-590-7804
furnaceman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by furnaceman »

sometimes it is in contact sometime not, i understand the issue when it is in contact.
sometimes it stops and it is not in contact i have been trying to watch it carefully. i have also tested 3/16" , 1/8" and we are getting flameout on all thickness of material.
furnaceman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by furnaceman »

what gauge of metal does everyone use to cut the fish, cars etc, that hang on the wall
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plain ol Bill »

All according to the size and shape of the cut out really but generally 16-14 ga. I prefer cold rolled (less work to put a finish on).
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Next time your plasma cutter shuts the arc off and you get the "Flame Out" error on the screen look to the front of your Powermax and you will likely see a yellow light on just below the LCD screen. Have a look to the lower left corner of the LCD and there should be an error code that will give us an idea of why its shutting off. Let me know what that error code is.
1-800-590-7804
furnaceman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by furnaceman »

thanks biill

okay Ried I will , there usually isnt one, but we have had 0-30 where it says electrode stuck
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

furnaceman wrote:thanks biill

okay Ried I will , there usually isnt one, but we have had 0-30 where it says electrode stuck
Hey Dave

0-30 errors don't typically occor I find unless the consumables have not been properly installed.

We caled and spoke with your operator today and found that he was a new operator and not familiar with the machine. A few problems we found were:

-air pressure was too low causing an error 0-21 and shutting the arc down causing your "Flame Out" error
-your operator was not using the automatic height control allowing the nozzle to contact the material and "Flame Out"
-operator was cutting at higher amperage than your previous operator further increasing the warpage

We turned the air pressure up, showed him how to use the auto height control, reduced his amps, and he was having great results when we hung up the phone. If you require any additional assistance let us know.
1-800-590-7804
furnaceman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by furnaceman »

must be mistaken identity, our machine never turned on today. only myself and one other person has ever used the machine. and he was in the field all day,
only ever seen the 0-21 once when breaker had popped on compressor.
maybe i will just try calling you, i assume it something to do with settings etc and not the actual table , so i sure appreciate the response helping us with what is a whole lot of new stuff.
maybe you did talk to our guy i was out later in the day i will check in the morning. much appreciated

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”