wear and tear?

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
patches
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

wear and tear?

Post by patches »

i have a torchmate 2 5x10 table hyper 1250.i seem to get 5-8 sheets of cutting done then things seem to go odd,maybe one time the gantry will jump as if it has debris in the track of the needle gear or the gantry seems to go ou of square,we have a very clean shop.we blow of the table before every project.i wonder are we to clean?are we loading the table to ruff with material.we have protection on the rails to prevent debris.machine is 4or5 years old.does everyone do this much messing around with their table or is it just us.becoming very frustrating.been in bus a long time maybe time to get out.
Andrew
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: wear and tear?

Post by Andrew »

We have the same table and had the same problem. I checked the level and square of the table first. The level was very close but not perfect. The square of the table was off by about .25" when measuring from corner to corner. I fixed that and still had a little jump every now and then. I checked and adjusted the tension on the drive motor belts also.

Turns out the real problem was the gantry was not square with the table. I squared it up and reset all of the rollers on the gantry so they are much closer. We haven't had a problem since then. Hope that helps.

Andrew

Return to “Torchmate Forum”