Torchmate Growth 4x4 VS Torchmate 2 4x4

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Phill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate Growth 4x4 VS Torchmate 2 4x4

Post by Phill »

So I'm a little confused. I would like a 4x4 cnc plasma, I'm pretty much going to go with a tunrkey system from torchmate as I just don't have the time to bother making one.

I'm puzzled between the differences on the growth series and the TM2 series. The prices a couple grand more for the TM2 without watertable but the same options.

What's better about the TM2? I want a machine that will be accurate, and reliable. In there Adds it says the growth is for "light" industrial and that the TM2 is a workhorse? Great.... now why? haha.

The differences I see are the TM2 has aluminium construction and gantry, no water table, one motor for the x and one for the y (drives other side with drive shaft), it uses rack and pinion drive (somewhat in the cut area, making it suseptable to grit no?)

The growth series is steel (I think?) and uses two smaller motors for the X axis, they drive long lead screws that pull or push the gantry? Is this proven? does it wear and get backlash quicker? the screws are on the outside of the table so maybe they're protected better from the plasma dust.

Basically I am going to buy one or the other, I just want the better one even if its a couple grand more.

Thanks for any help,
STEEL3470
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Torchmate Growth 4x4 VS Torchmate 2 4x4

Post by STEEL3470 »

i WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALSO ..

Return to “Torchmate Forum”