dry run?

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

dry run?

Post by tentonjj »

will i be able to run the machine without the plasma hooked up? i have the pc and all the electronics, i want to get trying it before i get the shop ready so i dont do something dum :lol:
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
redneckgateart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: dry run?

Post by redneckgateart »

Sure. Obviously you won't be able to test things like a torch height control but if you're just wanting to check X and Y axis motions, you're good to go.
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

redneckgateart wrote:Sure. Obviously you won't be able to test things like a torch height control but if you're just wanting to check X and Y axis motions, you're good to go.
great........thanx a lot :mrgreen:
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
redneckgateart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by redneckgateart »

Just be careful when firing it up for the first time. Just because the torch isn't installed doesn't mean that you still can't do something dumb! LOL! Make sure all of your limit switches work and start off with slow, short moves. The last thing you want to see is your shiny, new, 4 ft. long table trying to do a 200 ipm move to the 5 ft. mark! Good Luck
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

redneckgateart wrote:Just be careful when firing it up for the first time. Just because the torch isn't installed doesn't mean that you can't do something dumb! LOL! Make sure all of your limit switches work and start off with slow, short moves. The last thing you want to see is your shiny, new, 4 ft. long table trying to do a 200 ipm move to the 5 ft. mark! Good Luck
ok.......thanx for the tip!! lol
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122
redneckgateart
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by redneckgateart »

If you want to see some results, you could always rig up a Sharpie to your Z-axis. Put a piece of plate or MDF on the table, tape a piece of paper to it and run a test program. You won't be cutting steel but you'll wind up with a cool drawing!
tentonjj
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by tentonjj »

im not that fast...................i figure hot to run mach 3 yet. i so adjusyted to torchmate crap its hard for me to get stuff going
Jayson Johnson
JMJ Graphix
920-517-7122

Return to “Torchmate Forum”