need help

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
runninwild400
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

need help

Post by runninwild400 »

I'm running a Torchmate 2 table that is about 8 years old with the blue display AVHC. Latest issues is after about 10 seconds of cutting the torch will shut off and raise up, a second or two later, and a few inches further, it will lower and fire up again all while still moving along the program path. Anyone have any idea what might cause this? Its really hard to remove parts that are only stitch cut lol
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian
Metal-Magic
StrykerTruckEquipment
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: need help

Post by StrykerTruckEquipment »

what is the IPM you are running? Mine will do the same thing if the speed is too slow its like it loses the arc
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Does it at all speeds. I've changed some settings and have to move my plasma machine further away from the electronics to make sure that isn't interfering with it. As soon as its a bit warmer out I will try it again. Was -20 here this morning and my shop isn't heated so I think I will wait a few days lol. Thanks for the reply.
Brian
Metal-Magic
crbattery
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by crbattery »

Still having the issue? We had the same issue. Is your Torch cable running along with your motor cables? We seperated our and has not happened since
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Haven't fully put it to the test yet. How much spacing do you have between the torch cable and the motor cables?
Brian
Metal-Magic
crbattery
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by crbattery »

Our cables and torch ran on an overhead system. We installed cable carrier along the X and y axis and ran all cables through there and left the torch cable on the overhead track. What plasma cutter are you running on the system? We are running a Hypertherm 105
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

All my cables run through a cable carrier with only about 3" of space between the torch cable. I have a Hypertherm 1250
Brian
Metal-Magic
crbattery
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by crbattery »

I know for us separating the torch cable and control cables made a world of difference.. I can't guarantee that woukd solve your issues but I know it helped us. Has only pulled that issue a couple times since then. We are going to install earth ground on ours. We have had the table for 12 years. Electro magnetic interference is a pain it the aa

Return to “Torchmate Forum”