Motor Issues

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
chevybythesea
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Motor Issues

Post by chevybythesea »

I have one motor that is not starting as fast as the others. Forgive me if I use the wrong descriptors, but on my table, there are two motors that move the gantry on the rail (both going the same direction), and one for moving the head back and forth. The issue is with one of the two motors - one starts, moves about 1/4 inch, then the other kicks in. Belts are the same tightness, gears are new, motors are new, everything is new.

The cuts I get like this are not acceptable - the picture shows it (this piece is supposed to be a triangle with 3 mounting tabs). The yellow circles show the problem areas.

Any ideas?
20160721_071934.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

5x10 ArcLight Dynamics Plasma table
http://www.thesteelyardinc.net
Capstone
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Motor Issues

Post by Capstone »

Have you double checked that the motor tuning within MACH3 is identical for all of the motors? They are independently set up under motor tuning and you have to ensure that you SAVE the changes, not just hit okay. The X, Y (A slave to Y) all need to be identical. Just my first thoughts. I'm using a rack-pinion setup so back lash isn't a problem, but with belts it may be. I just don't know how you would fix that.
Phil
It's all relative...
CNC Metal Design
Instagram CNC Metal Design
JD Squared 4x8
HT PM45, Miller 251 MIG
chevybythesea

Re: Motor Issues

Post by chevybythesea »

I'm not using MACH3 - I am using the TorchMate VMD software.

That being said, after going through everything, I figured it out - nearly bald from pulling all my hair out first, though. Loose set screw. Dang!
5x10 ArcLight Dynamics Plasma table
http://www.thesteelyardinc.net

Return to “Torchmate Forum”