New TorchMate 2x4 with Accumove 2 AVHC Not working

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
BAKERCYCLES
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New TorchMate 2x4 with Accumove 2 AVHC Not working

Post by BAKERCYCLES »

I just purchased a new TorchMate 2x4 table a couple of months ago with a Hypertherm 65. I love the Hypertherm but disappointed in the TorchMate. When it is working I love it but it seems to be very tempermental down to the machine, software, and height control. My biggest issue is with the height control. When I dry run a program it detects the torch and runs fine. But when I run a program some times it dives into the material and sometimes it starts a few inches off of the part. Other times it works ok. I can run the same program and get different results every time. I have ran the line and voltage test and still not luck. I have finally just started cutting in manual mode and it cuts fine. Problem is I spent the extra money for a plasma with height control. Also I purchased a new lap top to try to elimanate some of the other problems I'm having with the vmd and design software. Some times the machine will lock up and I have to shut everything down and start over. I've emailed tech support and they have always responded with ideas and suggestions but I have had no luck. I would call them but I work during the day and can not be on hold while at work. I've went back thru all of the wiring on the table and the plasma. Everything is right. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also is there anyone out there who has a TorchMate Growth Series with Accumove 2 that acually works? Thanks
kchoghead
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: New TorchMate 2x4 with Accumove 2 AVHC Not working

Post by kchoghead »

I have the torchmate 4x4 with accumove2...I lots of bugs to work out but now i have the table cutting perfectly
BAKERCYCLES
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BAKERCYCLES »

That makes me feel better! It's been frustrating. I get one problem solved and two more problems happen. I can run the same program and get different results each time. I've converted them to G code and inported them thru DXF. Right now I'm running a program that repeats the same shapes over and over but does not go any farther in the program. It will move to locations and pierce then move back to what it cut and repeat it. Then have way through the program it loses x position and I get an alarm that I'm out of position on x. Any suggestestions are tricks would be much appreciated. Thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Be patient and provide specifics when you have issues. I'd recommend posting on the new Torchmate forum FabricationForum.com. There are a lot of users on that site and the tech service guys monitor it continuously....good way to get through the learning curve quicker! Jim Colt Hypertherm
BAKERCYCLES
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BAKERCYCLES »

Thanks Jim! It can be frustrating at times dealing with machine issues. I'm a Tool Maker by trade and run CNC mills, CNC Lathes, and Wire EDM machines daily. There is always little glitches to work through with new machinery. In my opinion the TorchMate has a lot of hi end features and great ideas but was released for sale a little too soon before working out all the bugs. I have switched consumables for my Hypertherm to the 45a fine cut and changed tip's. That has helped with the height control. Still not completely fixed though. I do love the Hypertherm JIm! In fact we purchased one at work! Hypertherm has a great user manual and diagrams! Wish TM had the same. Unfortunately not. I've learned more on you tube and this site then using TM's site. Thanks again Jim!
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

Well this sucks to hear. Can you document all your troubles and fixes to help the next guy. I am considering upgrading to the accumove..
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
BAKERCYCLES
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by BAKERCYCLES »

Yes. I'm starting to make some head way. I've found so far you have to be very careful when you program in TM's software. I have converted files to GM and they will not run. The torch crashes. If you draw it up in TM cad or import it in to TM cad I have had best luck exporting it into my burn files on my computer as a DXF rather then converting it to GM code thru TM cad. You would do this after making your tool paths. Hope this helps. I will post more after I get a little farther. So far it is cutting good. Josh

Return to “Torchmate Forum”