TM3 randomly refires the torch

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
fitzy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

TM3 randomly refires the torch

Post by fitzy »

I have owned a tm3 5x10 table now for one year and have been very pleased thus far with it gives great cuts and very acurrate one problem is though :? when I send an image to cut sometimes the table will cut out the part and right after the end of the cut it pauses and refires the torch for a second then turns off and moves to the next part to be cut. not a big deal normally just when I'm cuting smaller letters and it causes it to drop out the inside like on e's o's ect :o . any help would be appreciated and hope this makes some sense
thanks
fitzy
-fitzy-
It ain't braggen if you can back it up!
fitzy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: tm3

Post by fitzy »

no I'm using a laptop with a usb cable. and it only happens on a few of the files not all thanks
-fitzy-
fitzy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by fitzy »

I have noticed it generally close to the same spot thanks I'll give it a try.
-fitzy-
CPK_Jim
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CPK_Jim »

That was the first thing that cam to my mind also, stray points or objects on the drawing. I have run into that before with drawings created from tracing jpgs.
mazuk9999
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: TM3 randomly refires the torch

Post by mazuk9999 »

What was the solution? Mine is currently doing the same thing. Thank You
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

strange that I am only seeing one side of the conversation in this thread. :) Anyways, the problem is most likely a single dot or object that is left in the original drawing that you can't visibly see. The torch follows the cut path and when finished, goes to that single dot and then cuts it by firing a single hole...then it moves to the next cut path. Soimetimes the extra left over dot is clear in color so it doesn't show up at all but it is still there.

If you have the file and can post it up we can view it to see if that is the actual problem.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
comeoutswingin
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by comeoutswingin »

Gamelord is correct.

When I first started I would run into issues where I had multiple toolpaths, most specifically the main toolpath and a extra node that would be at the end of the cut causing exactly what you're experiencing. I would get it ALOT when i would used DXFs that were actually toolpathed. Importing them into TMcad and then applying another toolpath on top of the dxf that was actually a toolpath already.
5x10 LDR

Return to “Torchmate Forum”