Accumove 2, Z-issues

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
AMDG
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Accumove 2, Z-issues

Post by AMDG »

Hey all,

I am new to the forums, and new to cnc plasma cutting. Accumove 2 with VMD software from TorchMate.

I am cutting the pre-programmed pieces in the Visual Machine Design program and it's hit or miss. For example, I am now attempting to cut a 4" square with a 1" circle in the middle of it. Yesterday I cut 2. Went to cut a third and it told me the Z was out by 6 inches or so. (Maybe I'm not setting my Z correctly)

Then I set a new z zero and new job home and sometimes it works and most times it doesn't. If it's not giving me the Z error it'll dive into the material and I have to stop it. I have the Accumove VFC controller and my ohmic clip is connected and shows on my program when the cap touches the material.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've called TorchMate's tech support a few times and have gotten nowhere. I also didn't receive any operations manuals for the Accumove 2 or VMD software since torchmate shipped me all the stuff for the previous controller and software.

Thank you
MAS
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Accumove 2, Z-issues

Post by MAS »

Maybe Lincoln Electric can help. I think that new Accumove system is made by them.
poppopsworkshop
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by poppopsworkshop »

I was having the same issue ! Just finished putting my 2x4 table together last week. Try running a ground wire from the table to a earth ground. I ran mine from the table to the conduit. Fixed the same problem you had.
poppopsworkshop
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by poppopsworkshop »

I had the same issue for 2 weeks. it was all related to the TABLE not being grounded. I ran a ground from the table to the electric conduit. I have also had issues.so so so many with my table since Oct 9th. Don't be afraid to have TM dial into your computer and help you get it set up.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”