AVHC Doesn't pierce

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

AVHC Doesn't pierce

Post by islander261 »

Hello

Has anyone else had this happen? On some of the pieces I cut there are fields of dots, I just code a G0 to the location and then a G01 to the same location (no change in X or Y). This causes the cutter to move to location, find the plate and then pierce a hole. Works most of the time without a hitch. However every 50 to 100 pierces the machine moves to location and doesn't lower the head to find the plate and pierce the hole, as expected the controller throws a time out error when this happens. I have checked everything I can think of including the relay interface which does close the contacts when this happens so I am thinking this is in the AVHC. This can be frustrating because I cannot leave the table when I am cutting. I am usually cutting this and like pieces out 14 to 20 at a time so it get tiresome to have to keep hitting OK and start the program again. The real killer every so often this will happen and torch will fire at the rapid height and kill the tip and sometimes the electrode.

OK now the boiler plate. I am cutting 14ga HRS at 40A using OEM consumables, Air is dry and flow and pressure good. TD A-60 plasma unit and SL100 torch. Pierce height .18, cut height .14, cut volts 97. Cut speed 130ipm and rapids 100ipm. Ground is connected to clean spot on sheet.

John
MAS
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: AVHC Doesn't pierce

Post by MAS »

Islander261, sounds like your sensing torque setting may be set a tad too low. I try to keep mine at the bare minimun setting so it doesn't act like
my forging hammer. lol.
Hope this helps.
Mike S.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”