Torchmate 2 Height control and torch on and off

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
whs92
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Torchmate 2 Height control and torch on and off

Post by whs92 »

We have a torchmate 2 system at our school with a hypertherm 45
i have had machine for six to seven years with no issues until recently.
i have been cutting on manual mode for some time, it seems to save my tips longer than on auto.
Recently, the torch has not been allowing me to adjust height when cutting and torch will be cutting along and then it goes out and goes for an inch then relights and cuts some more and then does this again. Also it will not move up or down in auto mode. If i do a test run on a project with torch off it will allow me to adjust height up and down, but when cutting it is a big negative and will not work.
Does anyone have any ideas to what the problem might be.
i have contacted technical support but not lot of answers.

Thanks, P.Walker
whs92
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Torchmate 2 Height control and torch on and off

Post by whs92 »

I have enclosed a picture of what is happening with my torchmate 2 system with hypertherm powermax45. Anyone have any ideas, it will be cutting along fine then torch goes out and it continues to move, the torch height control is on manual and it will not allow me to adjust height up and down when i try, it used to work but doesnt work now.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I would suggest contacting Torchmate's tech service department. The plasma cannot refire itself.....it needs to see the start signal release (open) then the start signal close in order to refire. The start signal for the plasma comes from the Torch Height Control. Tech service should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Jim Colt
whs92
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by whs92 »

I have contacted them three times on this issue, first time they told me sometype of interference, i separated the wires and still had the problem, next time they told me, emi and that i needed a ground rod and wire attached directly to the table, we have had the machine setup for about five years without this and it has worked fine. I am not sure what to do next.
whs92
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Happy its fixed Torchmate 2 Height control and torch on and

Post by whs92 »

I figured it out for my self, i talked with tech support for over 75 minutes, troubleshooting etc, he said it was the avhc, i looked at it some more by myself and started changing settings in menu of the height control, i found pierce complete and another setting enabled, i disabled them and it works fine. i had kept asking tech support if a setting could have been changed by a student but they dismissed it. I'm Happy it is working again.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”