TM2 breakaway switch wiring,Please Help!

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
1fine79
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

TM2 breakaway switch wiring,Please Help!

Post by 1fine79 »

Ok, Built the new magnetic breakaway for my TM 2 and got everything mounted. after calling TM and talking to the tech dept, they said the switch will wire to the top two pins of the strip at the back of the control box. Did that.....nothing. opened the box and there was no other leads coming from the back of the pin strip, other than where the plasma control switch is wired into it.
So now my question is....where do you wire the switch to the circuit board? I looked around and found a set of pins labeled switch.....Ahh Haaa! thought I found it...didn't work. those particular pins had a jumper on them which lead me to think that the switch would have to be wired so that when the mount breaks away it opens the circuit and stops the machine. went ahead and tried it both ways........nothing.
As it is too late to get hold of TM and I am on a tight deadline for a cut job (I would love to get this back running tonight), Has anyone done one of these and can you please pass along some of that Plasmaspider magic?
Wayne
Torchmate 2 self-built 5x10 w/ SS water table AVHC New
Hypertherm PM65 New
Miller Spectrum 2050 hand torch
Miller Syncrowave 250 DX
Millermatic 212 w/ spoolgun
Lincoln SP-250
JD squared Model 32 hyd.bender
Garysbiz
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: TM2 breakaway switch wiring,Please Help!

Post by Garysbiz »

I have a TM but dont have the breakaway yet, have you tried Pirate 4X4?

Return to “Torchmate Forum”