Need Help

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Piper
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Need Help

Post by Piper »

Can anyone tell me how you square a sheet on your Torch mate table? I have asked Torch Mate and they tell me that I have to make a jig and then test it. I would assume you would find a point and make that your zero point ( home spot) and then set it. Then when you put a sheet in there to cut it you would always know where zero is at. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Need Help

Post by Gamelord »

I made a jig that I place on my table that squares up the sheets. It is a simple piece of 1" angle iron with some adjustable screws that I place along the edge of the table. Once the screws were adjusted to square, I welded them solid. The jig goes against the side of the table and the plate slides up tight against the jig, then I clamp the plate and remove the jig so that the torch can't accidentally hit it. I welded a small square of 1/2" plate to the side of the table for the jig to butt up against so it is in the exact same place every time. I only use it when I am cutting a lot of full sheets at a time though. Most smaller projects and ones that don't require close tolerances to the edge of the plate, I simply place the plate on the table, move my torch to the bottom corner and then clamp the sheet down softly, set it at zero and then move the X axis up to the same side top corner, move the sheet so the torch is at the exact same place as the bottom corner and clamp it solid. This usually squares the plate close enough to do one off jobs or small quantities of parts. If I am doing a small part out of scrap I don't bother squaring it up, just throw a scrap piece on large enough for the part, run the torch along the full outside to make sure it fits, then cut.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Piper
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Need Help

Post by Piper »

Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it. We will give this a try.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”