hight sensor suggestions

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Metal Storm
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

hight sensor suggestions

Post by Metal Storm »

hey all i made a new electrode for hight sensor its the pic with it installed. the old one got a little bent up. it works, just a pain to adjust and take off. if any one thinks this is a good method... use it. if any one has a better idea please share it. if u use it it works best to solder the loop back on its self, makes for better adjusting. i am using #12awg copper wire bent to shape and a #14-#10 awg electrical lug mounted to a compression type hose clamp with a tab bent out to accomidate the faston lug from the table. let me know if there is a better way.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Metal Storm
by J.P. Janeway
nuke1jj@gmail.com
Plasma Cam DHC2
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 38
Metal Storm
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: hight sensor suggestions

Post by Metal Storm »

used the new home made sensor the other day and it works great. now if i can keep from running into things it will stay streight
Metal Storm
by J.P. Janeway
nuke1jj@gmail.com
Plasma Cam DHC2
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Here's mine. I use the Hypertherm Powermax85 mini machine torch mounted on a snapncut magnetic breakaway. The ohmic contact wire plugs into the ohmic retaining cap. Hypertherm invented the ohmic contact plate sensing process, so all of its plasma torches above 30 amps have the capability built in, nothing to fabricate. It is not plugged in in this picture...but you can see the tab for the wire connector on the torch retaining cap.

Jim Colt

new pics 013.jpg

MorastCNC
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by MorastCNC »

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello
Here is mine recently buildt magnetic breakaway torch holder
It seems to work well
Now I have to mount a microswitch for the e-stop
I also attach a picture of my plasma table
I have used a couple of mounts building this and from the beginning I did the mistake and
bought a China plasma
After a lot of testing I finally gave up the China plasma and ordered a Powermax 65 and suddently everything worked!

Sorry if my english is bad, I'am from Sweden

Bj?rn

geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by geo4932 »

Hey Metalstorm,
If you really want to use the Thermal dyne cutter, they do have ohmic parts for their torches.
George

East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by East German »

Hallo,

Build fore a friend with China Burner.

Works fore him

Regards Peter

Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
Metal Storm
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Storm »

geo4932 wrote:Hey Metalstorm,
If you really want to use the Thermal dyne cutter, they do have ohmic parts for their torches.
George
yah! I like it. is it a consumable? what does it cost? and do they make for the old torch style? if so just send me a free sample and ill check it out. haha jk but not really.

im working on a different version these days. the word budget is usually followed by laughter or sarcasm about hospital bills insurance or the price of everything spiking. I do not believe the word profit is a bad word, but there some who take the word and want to retire on every deal. it doesn't leave much left for the little guy that wants to make a little profit too. but by the time the customer haggers the price and the banks get their fees and the state gets their taxes. not to mention the electric co and other utility co's who are essential for business; there is just left over for me to say I didn't go upside down. my regular job at the local nuke plant takes up a lot of time, however it is proving to be a great clientele builder. which brings me back to the element of time to do the design work, edit xfer cut and clean and coat. so at this time with home repairs auto repairs that are to expensive to hire out; I make due or fix it myself. so when it comes to luxuries on the tool end of the shop, I am having to make most of my own tools and or accessories. maybe Lord willing one of them will be an easy product to make and market that is if it isn't like some of the others that were ripped right out from under my feet and are currently sold in many retail stores.(anyone who knows has been there; you can fight the infringement if you don't have the money) and it seems that the vultures can smell if you are broke, no matter how cool you may play it. they know...there is no magic in signed paper documents. :evil:

Please don't get me wrong, I am glad to know what new products are out there. Who knows ...Lord willing maybe I will be able to buy something that will make things move a bit smoother. also sorry for the disjointed rants, sometimes if I haven't slept for a few days the frustrations build up from thinking to much with out rest. :oops: AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO MAY BE THINKING METH HEAD OR BIPOLAR 8-) ...LOL MY CONDITION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THAT CRAP. My "brain housing coupler" (NEW TERM FOR CRANIUM) :geek: and it does not have an off button. :!:
Metal Storm
by J.P. Janeway
nuke1jj@gmail.com
Plasma Cam DHC2

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”