GoTorch

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
air2design
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

GoTorch

Post by air2design »

Hey guys, I'm new to plasma, but have been doing machine tools and 3 and 5 axis routers for many years.
I have tried to contact the GoTorch company a couple of times - to no avail. Are they actually in business???
Their little portable table would be PERFECT for a manufacturing job we have. We need to cut fork pockets out of a combo trailer/steel pallet I designed for our machine. It is a large C channel shape and needs 4 pockets cut from 10 Ga. A36. after it is broken.
If I can't do business with GoTorch, is there another manufacturer of a portable small table that is similar, or a DIY build that is fairly quick and painless?
BTW I have a twin 5'x5' tables (program lock into single 5'x10' table, when needed) x 36" Z 5 axis Motion Master router for sale, if you guys know anyone who may be interested.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: GoTorch

Post by gamble »

Not sure who else makes a small table but if you need things cut in the meantime I can help you
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
air2design
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by air2design »

Thanks, gamble! We have hundreds of parts laser cut and cnc broken, from multiple vendors.
These new parts are also laser cut and broken, but need secondary cutting very close to 90" long bend radius edge.
The GoTorch would be perfect for fixturing the parts with the small portable table and using plasma and computers we already have.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by gamble »

I just bought this and there are NO reviews as of yet because the first batch has yet to ship out. It seems very limited, but I wanted to try it for something so I'm giving it a shot
http://www.langmuirsystems.com

These guys have a 2x2 that they are trying to release. Not out yet so no idea how well it works but that's two options for you
https://wrightcnc.com/collections/cnc-m ... ale-tier-2
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Go Torch would be perfect for your application, I strongly suggest you upgrade the software with advanced machine control and advanced height control....both necessary for the best quality cutting as well as ease of use.

So...GoTorch is meant to be a 2 x 2 version of the Plasmacam 4 x 4 table (about 15,000 or so in the field) that is sold with minimal software, no height control and you need to build your own legs and material holding slats.....they only sell online and no phone orders, all in the name of keeping their cost down to compete with other entry level cnc plasma machines (that also have minimal software and no height control). Upgraded with the software I mention gets you a great CAD/CAM/machine control package that is reliable and easy to learn and use. It will probably ne in the $7k range with the software upgrades. Once you get the machine you can join Plasmacams owners community which gets you through learning curve and any technical issues by putting you in a closed forum with a thousand or more other Plasmacam / Go/torch owners. Hope this helps, Jim Colt Hypertherm

air2design wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to plasma, but have been doing machine tools and 3 and 5 axis routers for many years.
I have tried to contact the GoTorch company a couple of times - to no avail. Are they actually in business???
Their little portable table would be PERFECT for a manufacturing job we have. We need to cut fork pockets out of a combo trailer/steel pallet I designed for our machine. It is a large C channel shape and needs 4 pockets cut from 10 Ga. A36. after it is broken.
If I can't do business with GoTorch, is there another manufacturer of a portable small table that is similar, or a DIY build that is fairly quick and painless?
BTW I have a twin 5'x5' tables (program lock into single 5'x10' table, when needed) x 36" Z 5 axis Motion Master router for sale, if you guys know anyone who may be interested.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”