Part is not cutting right

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Part is not cutting right

Post by cs offroad »

Hello,

I'm running into a problem that my part is not being cut to what the drawing looks like. For example I have a rectangle that have numbers in it. The numbers cut out as intended but when it goes to cut the rectangle out. It cuts through the numbers on the left side, as it makes the first cut to cut out the rectangle. I'm using Plasmacam 3.11 with DHC I have also attached the part.

The other issue is I usually do all my parts in bendtech but when I imported this .dxf file in my software went haywire and just made circles in an endless loop. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Part is not cutting right

Post by plasmanewbie »

I would try saving your dxf files as an older dxf version like R11 and see if that helps.
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cs offroad »

Thank you for your response. Please pardon my ignorance, but how would I save it to and R11 format?
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I took a look at your file. What I see in Sheetcam is 3 different layers - Inside Offset, Outside Offset, and No Offset, on each of your letters and outline. If you try to cut all three of these layers, it will not work. But I wonder if this is what is driving your program nuts?

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cs offroad »

Was that the Plasma cam file or the .DFX? I'm new to all this so I'm trying to learn all the terms. Is their a way to compress all the layers into 1? It's weird Imported a plate into plasmacam then used Plasmacam to put numbers on the plate. In the drawing everything looks perfect but it's not cutting the rectangle out correctly. I really need to get this part cut and am at a loss of what I need to do to make it work.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

The bridges you had drawn in to stencil the text were just lines - you need to make them bars and trim out the extra.

If you have Design Edge, the videos I have made might help a little. Oops, just saw you're using 3.11 - The attached file is exported to work so it should open fine in your 3.11 . Lots of the tools are similar or the same so the videos below might still help a little.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaLMNZ ... d4-dWdB4zA

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cs offroad »

Thank you! I will review your channel and start watching the videos. I will check out the file when I get home and see if it cuts. I really appreciate your help.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”