plasma cam parallel cord length?

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
john527
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

plasma cam parallel cord length?

Post by john527 »

I just put a 9 foot long parallel cable on my new PlasmaCam, replacing the stock 6 foot cord, but now it is giving me fault messages referring to the parallel cord?? maybe the cheap $8.00 cord was not the way to go!? any body having luck with long parallel cords and if so what brand cord is it?
Thank You,
John
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasma cam parallel cord length?

Post by rdj357 »

Definitely don't want to cheap out on the cord or the card in the computer. You want an IEEE 1284 cord and if you can, a 5volt parallel PCIe card like the one sold by AXXON (softio.com). That, good grounding, and not running the parallel cord along with other cords or near the plasma ground wire or source will reduce errors greatly.
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasma cam parallel cord length?

Post by see&see »

The AXXON parallel port adapter card is the way to go and I use one on each of two PlasmaCam tables. The new card will push a 15' cable easily with no errors.

On word of caution is that ACER computers with PCIe ports do not want to boot with any foreign PCIe card installed and that includes video cards. My advice is to stay from Acer as it will not boot using my AXXON card..
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”