plasma thc not working properly

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
destroyer000
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

plasma thc not working properly

Post by destroyer000 »

4x8 table powermax85 ohmic sensing, i cant seem to get this tables torch height to work correctly. has basic torch height control. anyone have any insight on setting this up correctly?
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: plasma thc not working properly

Post by WyoGreen »

How about telling us what table you have, and what control system it has. A little more information will help us help you.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

You say 4x8 so is this a table that you've expanded yourself from a 4x4? Plasmacam does not make a 4x8 from the factory. What is your table model.

What torch pierce height and cut height have you set? walk us through what you've done so far.
destroyer000
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by destroyer000 »

sorry for the confusion. its a 4x4 table, running dhc2 4.44 software i just cut some .90 alum with thc and it seemed to work ok, cut height i set to .06 and pierce height is .15, i have raise and lower between cuts on, z shift is 0 and i checked auto zero on next cut. . i noticed it changed my cut height slightly but still cut ok. now i just cut some 1/4 steel and the torch seems to run right on the plate, i did the same as the alum cut and noticed it changed my cut height to .054 to me it seems on the alum the thc was further away , and the steel it was closer
Coastalirondesign
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Coastalirondesign »

Check the connection of the center pin on the wiring harness going to your x motor. I had a similar issue had to close down the female pin for a better contact took 12 months with tech support to find this

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”