Entry level start-up

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Masterful Metal Works
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Entry level start-up

Post by Masterful Metal Works »

New to the plasma world and this forum. Am looking at a used PlasmaCam DHC2 4x4 with a Hypertherm 45 with a hand torch. Would this be a good entry level setup for general hobby stuff no larger that 3 gauge metal and the like? And what kind of expenses should I take into consideration. I know the table has digital height control, and I believe only basic Design Edge software. Would i really need an advanced design software if all i am going to be doing is importing DXF and PCM files to cut? Any suggestions?
Masterful Metal Works
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Entry level start-up

Anyone?
krymis
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by krymis »

I have one and it helped me go from hobby to full time and from 1000sqft shot to 44000sqft shop. I enjoy the ease of use. the only thing i would recommend is get the machine torch and breakaway holder to go with it. I also have the air scribe and router. I built a conveyor table to hold 4x8 material. I use tiling a lot to cut gate panels bigger than the table length.
Masterful Metal Works
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Well, I will be doing just small signs and what not to start until I can get used to how things work, and how to run everything. I bought the table from a local guy that upgraded to a larger table. He is willing to come to my place to show me how to use the program and make sure everything is set up correctly. I have the hand torch for the cutter, but also got a 15 degree torch with it, so if I have to make any cuts off the table, I can just swap out leads, and not have to disconnect the one attached to the table.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”