Plasmacam Customer Support is No Help

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
goodhue1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Plasmacam Customer Support is No Help

Post by goodhue1 »

I bought a used Plasmacam DHC2 running 3.11 software a year ago and I began having an error code when I try to cut. The torch will not fire. Everything lights up and runs correctly but I cannot get the computer to turn the torch on. If I unhook the plasma I can get it to cut manually.

I have called Plasmacam Custom Support on many occasions and they will only help me if I update my software. I think they want about $2,000 for the upgrade. I only spent $5,000 for the whole system. So I would like to get it running the way it is

So my question is if anyone can point me in the right direction to help me get this running again. Can anyone recommend a serviceman that could come and look at it? Is anyone from the Southeast Minnesota area that could help me with this?

Thank you so much!
Bobcat320
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam Customer Support is No Help

Post by Bobcat320 »

Sorry, I cant help you... but will totally agree that the support has gone to crap... I have had to figure things out on my own now, they wont do crap. I have heard that George left, and if so, with him went any support we had.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot your problem. It is true that Plasmacam has discontinued support for the outdated 3.11 software. If you want my contact info, private message me.

Bobcat, George is still very active even though he's retired, on the Owner's Forum. We still help people there ALL the time that are using 3.11. Anyone who chooses to only 'figure things out on their own' does so as their own choice not because it's the only choice.

I'm always amazed at the choices people make to go on and on about how awful they are. Believe me, I have my complaints but off the wall bad mouthing is a sure path to being stuck with no help from the company or the fellow owners......
Bobcat320

Post by Bobcat320 »

Well said Robert, my bad. Thank you for your support and I will clean up my act!
Carl
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!
Cz_apie
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Cz_apie »

goodhue1 wrote:I bought a used Plasmacam DHC2 running 3.11 software a year ago and I began having an error code when I try to cut. The torch will not fire. Everything lights up and runs correctly but I cannot get the computer to turn the torch on. If I unhook the plasma I can get it to cut manually.

I
Had a similar problem a while back, although I am on latest software upgrade, in my case it were the resistor in my torch (Hypertherm 65) control cable that went OS, cable swopped out and problem fixed, I would suggest you perform a cable test first, George and the guys on the forum are very willing to assist, like someone else suggested, attitude goes a long way

Thanks
Deon
Plasmacam 4x4 DHC2 Table
Design Edge 4.36 Advanced Design
Advanced Height Control
Hypertherm PM 65
Mac Afric Cut 40 Plasma
Mac Afric Mig 195
Mac Afric Tig 200A
Thermax DC 200
Fulgor Butt Welder
13" Metal Lathe-Milling Machine
Rong Fu 25 Mill
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by james.davis »

They every once in awhile they have black Friday sells on their software I think I got mine a few years back at 20% off full price.
By the way I've had no problems with plasma cam support other then they are over worked and under manned makes them hard to get a hold of at times.
Jim

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”