DHC2 CUTTING WAVY

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
james.davis
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

DHC2 CUTTING WAVY

Post by james.davis »

dhc2 cuts wavy
My computer went down and I had to get a new one all my settings were lost now when I try to cut any thing, strait lines and curved lines don't cut smooth everything is wavy I set the machine to factory settings still does it .Any ideas how to fix this.
thanks,
Jim
Lnc.kmmfg.plasma
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: DHC2 CUTTING WAVY

Post by Lnc.kmmfg.plasma »

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks,
Chuck
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Hi Chuck,
Do you have a DHC2? and are you having the same sort of problems? If so, please provide more specifics about your situation and perhaps some photos of your problematic cuts.
David
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Oftentimes this is a problem of the acceleration being set too high for thin material. Adjusting the corner acceleration down from the default of .2 to around .1 to .05 will be a big help. It's also important to have height control disable when cut speeds are below 80-90%.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:49 am Oftentimes this is a problem of the acceleration being set too high for thin material. Adjusting the corner acceleration down from the default of .2 to around .1 to .05 will be a big help. It's also important to have height control disable when cut speeds are below 80-90%.
Robert,
Do you mean to disable height control when cut speed is less than the "book settings" by 80-90 percent. Please elaborate. I am interested.
David
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

I mean that you must set the setting called "Disable Height Control - When cutting slows down (below %)" on the bottom right corner of the Height Control tab must be set to a number other than the default of 0. That way when the torch comes to a corner or curve that needs to be slowed based on acceleration settings, the height control will be disabled until the torch cut speed gets back up above the set percentage. This keeps the torch from diving in the corners because of the slower cut speed (due to acceleration).
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Robert - thanks for your clarification!
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

james.davis wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 pm dhc2 cuts wavy
now when I try to cut any thing, strait lines and curved lines don't cut smooth everything is wavy

Robert,
He mentioned that his straight lines were wavy. Would disabling height control on speed less that 80-90% and adjusting the corner acceleration down from the default of .2 to around .1 to .05 help with preventing wavy straight lines, or is this only for detailed small curves and corners?
David
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Wavy straight lines in what direction? And are we talking about just a line or that a straight line is wavy close to a corner?

The disable height control below a speed is simply to allow slower acceleration without the torch diving. The acceleration is what becomes a problem when cutting fine details quickly. I'd have to see a picture of this 'straight, wavy' cut to be able to speculate about what is going on.

adbuch wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:30 pm
james.davis wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 pm dhc2 cuts wavy
now when I try to cut any thing, strait lines and curved lines don't cut smooth everything is wavy

Robert,
He mentioned that his straight lines were wavy. Would disabling height control on speed less that 80-90% and adjusting the corner acceleration down from the default of .2 to around .1 to .05 help with preventing wavy straight lines, or is this only for detailed small curves and corners?
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

The OP of this thread posted it a long time ago and has since sadly passed away
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30523#p184405

It was brought back by a one liner of a new (1 post to the forum) user....
Lnc.kmmfg.plasma wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:26 pm How did you solve this problem?

Thanks,
Chuck
I guess the closest that I can think of that Robert and David are talking about in different ways is what is called Ghosting / ringing in 3D printing where the acceleration is maybe too high for the system and any mechanical imperfections of wear and tear show up when carriages are flung from side to side and appear as a ripple after the last direction change

https://all3dp.com/2/3d-printer-ringing ... nt%20print.

Obviously its probably more apparent in 3d printing with it being layered / additive printing but I guess it will show up just the same....

Fix may be to check everything is tight and in good order and lubricated as it should be if its not occured before (worn bearings guides etc probably won't help it).... if its a new setup problem then its probably and acceleration issue directly.

What do you guys think (as I suspect chuck probably won't be back to provide more information..... why ask a one liner and then run I have no idea but to waste everyone's time on an old thread with too little info again....), but its interesting to read you guys' view points and for me to learn something which may crop up with those of us eager to learn in case we spot something unusual on our own setup.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

This was followed up by a question from "Chuck". I would have liked to see some photos of Chuck's problems to get a better idea about the problem. Thanks Robert for following up with your explanation.
David

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”