PlasmaCam Parallel port problems

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
MQUICK
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

PlasmaCam Parallel port problems

Post by MQUICK »

Last weekend when I was cutting, Pcam said it could not connect to the table and it had been cutting. I checked everything out and the computer did not recognize the PCI parallel card, as if the drivers were gone. I replaced the card twice now and the computer will not or can not load the drivers. Even when I tell it the driver to load. Tried this off the CD and USB thumb drive with an updated driver. The computer knows it has new hardware but won't take the driver. Anyone have this problem before? Everything else works fine on the computer just not the port. Thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCam Parallel port problems

Post by jimcolt »

Join the user group at www.plasmacam.com. You will need your system serial number and model number. There are many users on the site that will help you, as well as tech support people from PlasmaCam. You can also call PlasmaCam tech support.

Jim Colt
Platt Mfg
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Platt Mfg »

uninstall all the old drivers
if you have an old computer and a new card it may not be compatible even with a newer os
I Love What I Do
How to portrait tutorial--------> http://youtu.be/cz3SfAz2dxo
MQUICK
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by MQUICK »

I have tried the uninstall with 2 parallel cards with the full shut down. Just incase it did not like one. I am still at a standstill. My son says it may be in the motherboard. He thinks If the old card failed it could have damaged part of the motherboard that feeds the PCI slots. I am going to try to find an old XP computer and swap it out. I just hope the problem did not come from the Pcam controller.
MQUICK
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by MQUICK »

AT"S ALIVE! Went out and picked up a used xp computer for 50 bucks at a used computer store. Loaded the software and did some test cuts. Now I need to work out all the settings again. Let this be a lesson. WRITE DOWN your settings. Software loaded like a dream but you start all over on your settings. The computer guy agreed with my sons idea of the mother board. They sell most of their XP boxs to CNC users and when they have a problem like I had, they find the problem in the mother board. Fo 50 bucks I may get another on and put it up.
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Now I need to work out all the settings again. Let this be a lesson. WRITE DOWN your settings.
I just installed the 3.11 upgrade. Before the cd came out of the sleve, I opened the Program Files/Plasmacam folder and copied Settings.cfg then renamed the copy SettingsBkup.cfg

After the install, the new Settings.cfg was deleted and I copied the bkup, naming it Settings.cfg.
All the settings were intact and I also have a backup. It's a good idea to make a backup copy when you back up your data files.

Murphy is still out there,,, waiting for the right moment. 8-)
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Possumplasma
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Possumplasma »

I've also copied the settings.cfg but, one time when I was loading onto another computer, I lost several.
George from P'cam has said in the past, write them down as well....don't put all your faith in the .cfg file.....guess he's right.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”