plan to run a TD120 on a 5x10 PlasmaCam any feedback?

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
HDxlr8
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

plan to run a TD120 on a 5x10 PlasmaCam any feedback?

Post by HDxlr8 »

im welder fabricator by trade and last summer got into plasma for another of our companies we have a TD 120 and an import AutomationMaker table which i want to replace with the PlasmaCam setup anyfeed back would be a big help i'm not really a cnc/cad guy and the 'seemless' software setup is appealing i did offer mgt the PPLLC/CandCNC option but i think it would be a way bigger learning curve. the other issue is water table or downdraft. we do mostly 24-10 ga some 1/4-3/4 plate. Regards, Chris Lee Buffalo NY :?:
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: plan to run a TD120 on a 5x10 PlasmaCam any feedback?

Post by PlasmaMac »

You can pretty much hook up almost any plasma cutter to a plasmacam, including the A120. Granted, some cutter will give you better results than others depending on the manufacturer. Generally speaking, if you like the quality of the cut that a plasma cutter gives you under normal circumstances, then you'll likely be cool fine with it when its installed on your plasmacam machine. If you call plasmacam they can certainly tell you what they know about that particular one. I am pretty certain that if the a120 provided the best results out of any of the cutters you could put on the machine, plasmcam would probably be offering them along with their systems. If not, then there might be a reason for that. I'd definitely chat to them about it before selecting a cutter.
HDxlr8
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by HDxlr8 »

thanks, definitely going with a hyptherm either 65 or 85.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

You can buy a 85 or 65, but if you know what your are doing with a A-120, it will give excellent results. If you don't then Plasmacam/Hypertherm is a safer option.. (IMO) Victors are not for the average guy starting out...Takes a long time to learn their secrets..
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

You can't beat Hypertherm. I have a PM65 on a 5x10 Plasmacam (Samson) and love it. If you're going to do much 3/4 go with the PM85. I can cut 3/4 but have to edge start and the 85 will pierce it.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

I had a Hypertherm 65, and i could beat it sometimes with my A-120..Both machines on my table. Right now i have a A-60, and 45XPp and I expect the A-60 to beat the Hypertherm in certain applications..Then again, the 45 XP will certainly have it's many sweet spots too.. Just like tables, there is a opinion what is best.. Personally I don't think there is one best table.. There is going to be a nice upgrade to the Thermal machines, with a torch option from Thermacut.. It's going to be really good stuff..

I am going to run both machine on my table. The marking of the 45 is worth having.. (New cart on the way.)

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”