Experiences with Samson

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
rpage
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Experiences with Samson

Post by rpage »

We traded our 4x4 PlasmaCAM table for the new 5x10 Samson Table. So far I am pretty happy with it. Our old table was almost 5 years old and never gave us trouble. I am hopeful that the Samson will provide us with many years of trouble free operation. Time will tell.

Construction is about the same as the 4x4 in terms of structure and design. Construction was easy, just consumed some time. The assembly video was very nice. Much more detailed than when we built the 4x4. This Samson I built almost all by myself in two evenings.

I am happy with the software. Is much the same as the old with the exception of the setup section. I have written down all my settings from the old machine and now I am in the process of adding those settings to the new software. So far so good.

We built the bottom in for a down draft system. The piping for that is not yet complete. I will post some images of how it was enclosed as soon as I remember to take my camera with me to the shop. :D

Overall we are very happy with the Samson 510.
curts
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: SAMSON CNC Plasma Cutting Tables

Post by curts »

Please update on how things are going.
We are going to be buying a table soon...probably will be a Samson.
We need 5 x 10, and from what I see, I like the Plasmacam software.
rpage
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rpage »

Well I am still liking the Samson :)

It has taken some time for me to get some of my settings in, but all in all I am very pleased.

Here are some photos of the table. You can see we built the bottom closed. We will have a down draft system installed. Just have not had the time to put it in. I had a down draft system on the 4x4 and was very pleased. We will cover the areas we are not using to better seal off the top and increase the down draft. Worked like a charm on the old setup.

Thanks for viewing! Will post more as time goes on and I get more use of the table under my belt.
danp
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by danp »

We purcashed a Samson Table in Dec 2009 after much research. We are a steel retailer with brake, shearing equipment. The main reason we picked the samson was for the software. Plasma Cam is very easy to use. In the last five months, we have cut many parts working the table 4-6 hours per day. The table looks cheap but is very study. We added a down draft system (Farr). Costs as much as the table, but does a great job. We recirculate the air inside the warehouse. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them. I would recommend this system or the plasma cam as a good way to get into the plama business.

dan

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”