hand torch clamp

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Fab-Tex
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hand torch clamp

Post by Fab-Tex »

Has anyone built another clamp to hold thei torch on the gantry. I have the old DHC and i have already broken a couple bolts, and frankly it is a pain everytime i need to replace consumables. If any of you have, could please post a pic or two. Thanks!
East German
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hand torch clamp

Post by East German »

The best is a Magnetic Breakaway,

this is my Homemade Mount with Touch probe switch and feedhold switch.

This can also be rebuilt fore Hand torch.

Regards Peter

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Sorry for my language! The last English class was in 1982.

Homemade CNC Plasma-Watertable
MyPlasmCNC
Hypertherm Powermax 85
Machine Torch
Hypertherm Powermax 1100
Machine Torch
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

http://www.snapncut.com/home.html
These guys may have a holder for you.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Francisco
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Francisco »

You may also want to take a look at this solution:

http://turnwrightmachineworks.com/the-w ... th-fenner/
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

I hear you Brother!!

The torch clamp on the newer DHC2 is FAR much more user friendly than the ones that came with the old school DHC machines. It is really nice, because you no longer have to take the torch out for consumable changes. Now, you can simply raise the height on the Z, change consumables and be on your way to cutting in no time. The carriage setup on the DHC2 is very versatile and its now very simple to mount a wide variety of different tools and attachments (i.e. router, engraver, machine torch ect...) to the machine. This is just one of a lot of really nice changes that are on the more capable DHc2 plasmacams.

I am pretty sure that torch holder from turnwright is for the DHC2, and may not work the older DHC (without a serious mod).

Check out plasmacams owner’s community, there are a ton of other DHC owners on there and it is a fantastic resource for getting info on things like this.

Also…..plasmacam offers an upgrade kit made for converting the older and less capable DHC machines into a the newer and more capable DHC2 system (the designegde software upgrade is included in the kit ). In addition to the newest software platform, designedge, the kit includes all of DHC2 parts (i.e. the carriage with the newer torch holder, dhc2 gantry, dhc2 control box ect…..) to effectively retrofit your older DHC machine into an fully upgraded DHC2 machine for substantially less money than buying a fully loaded new machine. It is definitely worth checking out if you have a DHC machine.

Good luck Brotherman!
Dana gear
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dana gear »

If you are using a plasma machine torch check out www.plasmatorchprotectionsystem.com they offer a magnetic breakaway for plasma cam that is very well made you can also bevel cut with it if you want. ours has saved our torch several times.
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

I was just thinking about that red thing today! Someone told me something about it costing $300+ for the holder.
I really like the idea and the beveling is very cool.

I will say though that plasmacams advanced height control is a tremendously superb level of automation that it brings to the machine because it will STOP to avoid a very potentially costly collision Dragged material and screwing up your torch in the process use to be the norm before the plasmacam dhc2 and the more advanced hc.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”