DHC to DHC2 Training

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
yeomansjon
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

DHC to DHC2 Training

Post by yeomansjon »

So I work for GE and one of our service centers just bought a brand new Plasmacam (I assume the latest is still DHC2). The guys in the shop that know I do plasma cutting on the side asked if I could come and help train them on the machine and give some advice from what I've learned. I use an older DHC which has served me extremely well however through many 'learning experiences' along the way. For the folks that have upgraded, did you find there to be a huge learning curve going from a DHC to a DHC2? Will I struggle to figure out how to use the machine and teach at the same time if my only experience has been with my own DHC? If there was 1 major thing to focus on teaching the new guys, what would you recommend?

From my personal experience I would focus on torch height control, but sounds like the new machines are way better with the ohmic sensing. Any suggestions for successful training would be appreciated. Thanks!
Fast Jonny Custom Design
CNC Plasma Cutting
Plasmacam DHC
Hypertherm Powermax 1000
www.facebook.com/fastjonnycustomdesign
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: DHC to DHC2 Training

Post by PlasmaMac »

You'll have no problem if you are a pro on the older system. This is especially true if you upgraded your dhc with designedge The DHC2 with the designedge software and the advanced height control is actually way easier to user a much more automated mainly because the Height Control is so much more effective and hands off as opposed to the dhc System.

The height control on the dhc2 is what blows my mind in terms of how effective and how it requires literally ZERO operator input if it is set up correctly. I know of no other system that has a height control mechanism that is as automated and is as sweet as the as the one on a plasmacam dhc2.

When it comes to Design work, you can crank out thing much more rapidly on designedge and things like spending hours on fixing over lapping intersections when you convert to a cut path, is a thing of the past with designedge.

You'll should be perfectly fine, I'd say with your level of previous experience on a plasmacam.

Good Luck Brother!
JAG

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”