GoToMeeting.com

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

GoToMeeting.com

Post by Joe Jones »

Due to the number of people who are contacting me for help with using DesignEdge software, and/or issues with running a router, pen, or other implement on their PlasmaCam & Samson 510 tables, as well as using other software with DesignEdge, I have decided to set up a GoToMeeting.com account. The 30-Day TRIAL begins today. :mrgreen:

There is absolutely no cost to the participants. I will cover the entire cost after the trial period has ended.

It would be BEST to join a meeting using a PC that has your DesignEdge software loaded and running, but you will be able to join any meeting using any PC, MAC, iPhone or iPad, etc.

We will soon be able to link computers on a one-to-one basis, or up to five people simultaneously ;) When my website is set up, I may make meetings available to up to 25 people at a time, if the five-participant limitation proves to be too restrictive.

GoToMeeting.com allows for bi-directional PC access, and crosses the PC vs. MAC platforms (with some limitations). The usual file sharing, screen sharing, and remote control of computers in both directions is available, as well as HD video and audio. It will allow us to maintain a reliable and fluid video and voice session to work through issues and problems we may be having with our tables and/or software.

I am looking into CCD video camera options for my tables, so that participants can see what is actually happening as the software is running the machines. I may set up one table with several wireless color CCD cameras, and switch between video feeds to look at different aspects of the process as desired.

The free PC sharing sites like ShowMyPC.com are okay, but they have limitations and speed issues. I have used ShowMyPC.com several times now. It works, but it is frustrating. When you are connected, there is a time limit, you never know if the other party can actually see your cursor or hear your audio, or even if the PC connection is still live, and time delays and lost connections are the norm. You get what you pay for.

GoToMeeting.com requires a good Internet connection. VoIP will be used, as well as conference call options via a telephone for those with slower Internet providers.

This will all take some time to set up, but once everything is in place, it will be very easy to work together on projects, and troubleshooting issues. I am still learning something new about these tables and software programs every day.

Via telephone conversations, I have found that some table owners really need to be brought up to speed on the most basic functions. Without even considering DesignEdge or their plasma tables, some people do not even understand basic navigation of their computers.

If you are fighting with your PC, then you cannot ENJOY your PC.

The PlasmaCam and Samson 510 tables along with the DesignEdge software are FUN to work with, and you can do so much with them. They are a great value for the money! However, if you are struggling with simple issues, then the FUN is diminished, and often replaced by utter frustration.

Soon, I will provide a link and a time for the first test of GoToMeeting.com for those who may wish to try it out.
Bobcat320
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: GoToMeeting.com

Post by Bobcat320 »

AWESOME!
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hyperthem PM65
Edwards 25T Ironworker
Miller Mig, Tig, Stick & Portable

Why pierce it when you can punch it!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”