plasmacam users.... need some HELP

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
volquartsen
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

plasmacam users.... need some HELP

Post by volquartsen »

well i got this problem i saw an update on there forum and now my plasmacam dont work--- so i deleted it off the computer and reinstalled it and it still dont work-- there is an error with the port---i can initialize it and when i make it line and do a cut pattern on it it torch just traces it and it wont cut... has anyone had this problem before?
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: plasmacam users.... need some HELP

Post by PlasmaMac »

Make sure that you are up date on the latest version of Designedge, which is version 4.35.

The auto cut control is off (it sounds like it any ways). On the control box there is a button that turns your cutting on and off (located just about in the center of box). Just press the button, and you'll see a green light turn on. You can also doe this through the software on the top of the screen got to MACHINE.AUTO CUT CONTROL, and select it. There should be a a check mark on it when it is selected.

Give the guys in tech support a call if the problem persists. This is usually the fastest and easiest way to go.

Good luck brother!

JAG
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: plasmacam users.... need some HELP

Post by RobertJohnson »

Thanks for the tip, I ran into the same thing. Machine tab, Auto cut control option, works now.

Only problem I have now, if I go recommended speed, it's too fast. Won't cut all the way through. If I slow down, it warps. I'm thinking it's consumables. I'm using the ohmic sensor cup, with the consumables recommended for it, bit might not be the best with the pac 125 hand torch. Hope to figure it out tomorrow.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”