New user issue!

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Jayrj33s
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New user issue!

Post by Jayrj33s »

Just got my plasmacam built and trying to find out why it says Torch: disconnected on the screen. I have double checked all the connections which appear to be good I've run the cutter (PM 45) before hooking it up to the table and it works great. Any thoughts on what I can check over the weekend before calling plasmacam on Monday?
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: New user issue!

Post by PlasmaMac »

Calling tech is a good Idea. They have always been a great help when ever I have needed some.

Not an expert but:

You may need to initialize the machine first. Good to the top tab, Select Machine>Initialize. Also make sure that your voltage signals in your settings are set to 3 (min) and 12 (max) Found under: Settings>Machine Control>Cutting Signal, located at the bottom right hand side of the pop up screen.

Hope that you are cutting in no time!

Good Luck Brother,

JAG
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

Did you connect the cutter. Not trying to be funny, I think that's a switch or button to hit. It will connect the cutter. I think it's in the settings tab or machine tab. Can't remember which, I'm not at my machine right now.
Jayrj33s
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Jayrj33s »

The cord from the cutter to the controler doesn't always seat very well. Thanks for the response guys I appreciate it!!!
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

The input on the control box where the torch wiring cable is supposed connected, is a recessed slot. When connected fully and properly (not half way), the recessed slot actually does an excellent job at preventing the cable from being knocked loose. Also, it is important to make sure to line the up the connectors pins adequately. It can be placed upside down if attention is not given and actually appear to be seated when it is actually not (torch wiring cable is similar to the connection the on a S-video Cable, being the there is a pin configuration that will only connect one way). Since it is recessed, it is important to make absolute sure to push it in all the way to the point where you can barely notice the connection end of the cable cumming out of the control box. Once the cable end is properly connected and seated, you'll never have a problem with it coming loose on it own again, while still being able to disconnect when you need to. If you don't put it in all the way into the recessed slot on the control box, like it was probably designed to, it will fairly obvious.

Good Luck Brother

JAG
RobertJohnson
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobertJohnson »

Also, go to settings. Tab all the way to the right, in the last tab there should be a detect machine button. Click on that...
mustangteresa
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mustangteresa »

My computer always the same thing but plasmacam cuts anyway.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”